2003 Jetta TDI - 10,000 Mile Service

Old February 2nd 05, 03:46 PM
Numan

Default 2003 Jetta TDI - 10,000 Mile Service

I just dropped off my 2003 Jetta TDI at
VW for the 10,000 mile service. I was
quoted $165.00. Does that sound right
to others? Is it allot more because of the
TDI?

Numan

Old February 2nd 05, 06:17 PM

Compare the manufacturers recommended service schedule in the book in
the glove compartment with the list the dealer gives you of what they
propose to do. Usually the dealer adds stuff that may not needed to be
done.

Old February 3rd 05, 01:54 AM

My 2003 TDI has only seen the dealer for warranty work. Now at 70,000
miles it is due for another oil change. The 10,000 mile service is an
oil and air filter change, rotate tires, look at airbag system
(whatever that means), inspect brakes and top of windshield washer
fluid. A few other look sees which unless you whatch them you would
not know if they did.

"Numan" > wrote:

>I just dropped off my 2003 Jetta TDI at
>VW for the 10,000 mile service. I was
>quoted $165.00. Does that sound right
>to others? Is it allot more because of the
>TDI?
>
>Numan

Jim B.
Old February 3rd 05, 02:50 AM
JEB

Sounds a high. Been two years since I had a 10k done but it was about $80.

"I'd suggest you check out tdiclub.com for info on your TDI. I'm not
mechanical at all but I've learned to do most of the basic maintenance
myself. Just a suggestion.

JEB

om...