What are the worst clothing stains you get while driving in your car?

Old June 22nd 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Rob[_9_]

Default What are the worst clothing stains you get while driving in your car?

What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
have
seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
their car ?

Old June 22nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Lawrence Glickman

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:17:39 -0000, Rob >
wrote:

>What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
>have
>seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
>their car ?

WORKING on your car...battery acid. It will destroy your clothes
inside 24 hours.

Just driving, maybe spills from coffee cup.

Lg

Old June 22nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Strickland

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:17:39 -0000, Rob >
> wrote:
>
>>What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
>>have
>>seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
>>their car ?

> WORKING on your car...battery acid. It will destroy your clothes
> inside 24 hours.

Battery acid will not touch polyester.

I used to work at a gas station as a teen -- $0.32 per gallon -- and we wore
Levi Nuvo (Nuevo???) flares because the battery acid would not eat holes in
them before the end of the shift, like it would eat Levi jeans. Our gas
station shirts were also a polyester blend for the same reason.

Acid eats cotton and other natural fibers, but it will not eat plastic
clothes. Of course, plastic clothing has other overhead that makes it
undesirable, but if you need something that batteries don't go after plastic
is hard to beat.

Old June 22nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Strickland

"Rob" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
> have
> seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
> their car ?

Carne Asada Burrito grease ...

Old June 22nd 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:26:35 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:17:39 -0000, Rob >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
>>>have
>>>seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
>>>their car ?

>> WORKING on your car...battery acid. It will destroy your clothes
>> inside 24 hours.
>>

>Battery acid will not touch polyester.
>
>I used to work at a gas station as a teen -- $0.32 per gallon -- and we wore
>Levi Nuvo (Nuevo???) flares because the battery acid would not eat holes in
>them before the end of the shift, like it would eat Levi jeans. Our gas
>station shirts were also a polyester blend for the same reason.
>
>Acid eats cotton and other natural fibers, but it will not eat plastic
>clothes. Of course, plastic clothing has other overhead that makes it
>undesirable, but if you need something that batteries don't go after plastic
>is hard to beat.

Well it sure snarfed up the (presumably) nylon carpet on the floor mat
of my Acura. Didn't bother the rubber backing much.

Old June 22nd 07, 08:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
DougW

Rob wrote:
> What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
> have
> seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
> their car ?

Lipstick.

--
DougW

Old June 22nd 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Bill Putney

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> Battery acid will not touch polyester.
>
> I used to work at a gas station as a teen -- $0.32 per gallon -- and we
> wore Levi Nuvo (Nuevo???) flares because the battery acid would not eat
> holes in them before the end of the shift, like it would eat Levi jeans.
> Our gas station shirts were also a polyester blend for the same reason.
>
> Acid eats cotton and other natural fibers, but it will not eat plastic
> clothes. Of course, plastic clothing has other overhead that makes it
> undesirable, but if you need something that batteries don't go after
> plastic is hard to beat.

Your generalisation about plastic is not correct. Battery acid will
*absolutely* destroy nylon very quickly (within seconds or minutes).
Try it on something you know is nylon.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old June 22nd 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Bill Putney

Gordon McGrew wrote:

>>Battery acid will not touch polyester.
>>
>>I used to work at a gas station as a teen -- $0.32 per gallon -- and we wore
>>Levi Nuvo (Nuevo???) flares because the battery acid would not eat holes in
>>them before the end of the shift, like it would eat Levi jeans. Our gas
>>station shirts were also a polyester blend for the same reason.
>>
>>Acid eats cotton and other natural fibers, but it will not eat plastic
>>clothes. Of course, plastic clothing has other overhead that makes it
>>undesirable, but if you need something that batteries don't go after plastic
>>is hard to beat.

> Well it sure snarfed up the (presumably) nylon carpet on the floor mat
> of my Acura. Didn't bother the rubber backing much.

Yep - nylon is not at all resistant to it.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old June 22nd 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
MasterBlaster

"Jeff Strickland" wrote

> > What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
> > have seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
> > their car ?
> >

> Carne Asada Burrito grease ...

A stiff brush will help get the little chunks of burrito out of your pants zipper,
and next time tell her not to eat stomach-upsetting food "beforehand".

Old June 22nd 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony[_9_]

Rob wrote:
> What have you found are the worst kind of clothing stains you get (or
> have
> seen any friends or relatives obtain) while driving in your car, or
> their car ?

Well, technically not while driving.. While parked in my 68 Mustang in
a secluded spot near the White House.. I told that bitch, Monica I'd
buy here a new G*d-Damned Dress..

-Bill C.