'99 headlight assembly removal

Old July 30th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KKennedy

Default '99 headlight assembly removal

Where are the attachment points for '99 Miata headlight assemblies? I see
two bolts on top, but there is at least one I can't see that's holding it
in.

Old August 4th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Below, you were asking about replacing a bulb. Now you're removing the whole
assembly?

Chris
99BBB

Old August 12th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KKennedy

D-oh. Couldn't get that spring clip back in place, and the mechanic I use
suggested removing the assembly to work on it outside the car. I managed to
find a '99 shop manual on the Web--nothing too fancy--that gave 'remove the
two bolts on top of the headlamp' as step one, and 'remove bumper' as step
two! There's a joke about blondes and lightbulbs in there someplace....
With the help of a screwdriver and a hemostat, I was able to get the danged
clip back in place.

KKennedy