2004 tc platinum

Old July 2nd 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
yappy

Default 2004 tc platinum

What does leather-trimmed seats mean? I went to an upolstry shop to fix a
tear in a bucket seat, and showed me that my seat was vinyl not leather.
Looked at original option sticker and said :leather trimmed seat. How much
leather is on the bucket seat...tia

Old July 2nd 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"yappy" > wrote in message
t...
> What does leather-trimmed seats mean? I went to an upolstry shop to fix a
> tear in a bucket seat, and showed me that my seat was vinyl not leather.
> Looked at original option sticker and said :leather trimmed seat. How

much
> leather is on the bucket seat...tia

It means somewhere on the seat there's a strip of leather.

Kind of slimey marketing, that. I can tell you in 1994 and 1995 the
Town & Country came with "leather" seats that are, in fact, leather.
Except, that is, for the sides and backs of the seats. The sides and
backs are vinyl. However, the leather is so thin that unless you
bathe the seat in leather conditioner every 6 months or so, it gets
hard and cracks. I know this from experience.

Ted