New accords and A/c

Old October 11th 04, 02:31 PM
Me

Default New accords and A/c

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:35:38 -0400, Abeness > wrote:

>Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
>> For many, many years, Honda ignored the A/C issue. Their cars couldn't
>> cool for anything.

>I've got a '94 Civic whose A/C isn't quite as efficient as I'd like. I
>suppose the best way to find out whether it is operating as efficiently
>as it can be is to head for a shop to have the refrigerant level
>checked? I've never had an A/C serviced before, and I'm reluctant to
>have anyone crack it open in case they then leave a leak... Info
>appreciated.

My 1994 Civic A/C was never good, but the last couple of years have
been especially bad. I've now paid about $100 and gotten nowhere. It
tends to cycle very frequently when the temp is above 90F, about every
3-5 seconds. I've had the freon checked, the compressor checked, the
pulley cleaned, and the belt checked, to no avail. Maybe next
summer.....

Nate
Old October 11th 04, 02:33 PM
Me

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:49:36 -0500, "Pete Golding" >
wrote:

>However, it has been a remarkably cool summer this year. I'd hate to
>imagine one of those 108 degree days we had in 2000.

Yes, us too in Oklahoma City. I think we had only one 100+ day, as
opposed to the 10 or more more summers. That darn global warming
(oops...or is that cooling?) has got us again :-).

Nate
Old October 12th 04, 05:31 AM
Abeness

Well, I suppose something is better than nothing. The compressor in my
last car seized at the start of a summer, and I made it through one and
a half summers without it before getting the Civic. It may not give me
the icy wind I long for, but it does make the cabin a lot more
comfortable than it otherwise would be. Hope you find a way to increase
the efficiency of yours.

Abe