1974 Corvette for sale

Old February 1st 05, 12:05 AM
battlescar2112

Default 1974 Corvette for sale

hello all,

I REALLY need to sell my car....it needs a little TLC. I have
pictures...it is 1974 blue 350 auto ttops and looks good. it does have a
rear transmission leak.....? it also needs new front tires and it needs
to be alligned as it pulls while driving. I just spent over $600.00 on
two new front calipers and a master cylinder and new brake
lines.........it has to go. I am needing $5500.00 for it.....I have more
than $8000.00 in it ....I am located in Cincinnati, Ohio. please e-mail
me or call me.
thanks, Matt

513-831-7683

Old February 1st 05, 06:15 AM
ThaDriver

>I REALLY need to sell my car....
********
You & a lot of other folks. No one has any money in this economy: it's a
buyer's market.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old February 1st 05, 06:19 AM

********

Old February 1st 05, 04:27 PM
Dad

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> >I REALLY need to sell my car....

> ********
> You & a lot of other folks. No one has any money in this economy: it's a
> buyer's market.
> ~ Paul
> aka "Tha Driver"
>
> Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

Strange, I've been looking for another C3, money is not the problem. Finding
one that is worth a Fig and priced appropriately is the problem. Do you have
any idea how many "rare" Corvettes were built, ALL OF THEM. I can wait till
next winter if I need to, I'm just not going to pay a bloated price.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old February 1st 05, 10:40 PM
Diode

ThaDriver spoke thusly:

> You & a lot of other folks. No one has any money in this economy: it's a
> buyer's market.

I don't mean to be rude, but what the heck are you talking about? The
economy is doing quite well. You have to stop listening to those
Gloom-and-doomers that will have you believing that the sky is falling
just to support their own agenda.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old February 2nd 05, 02:55 PM
TF

Obviously, you aren't talking about "quality paying" jobs for thopse with
college degrees....
13,000 being laid off at AT&T and the whole high tech sector isn't doing
much better.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:29 PM
Tom in Missouri

That is because too many equate "college degree" with "knowledge and
ability".

There is a big spread in pay for college degree and non-degree, yet often,
far too often, the learning curve on the college degree person if more than
the non-degree person. So companies pay more for people who are less
productive in the first few years. This was not a big deal when companies
hired people and 10 or 20 years later, they still worked there, but today,
many are lucky to hit 5 years. In fact, 5 year employees are often
celebrated like a huge milestone.

And realistically, if you really stop and look at your job or jobs of those
around you, did they learn that in school or did they learn that on the job?
Most learned on the job. I also worked fulltime when I was in college and
the school lagged the company in technology by about 5 years. What was
really bad were things like wanting you to know things and figure things out
that took hours to do when you could look it up in 5 minutes. The real job
was about building on existing knowledge in 10 minutes and moving on to
something more advanced. School concentrated on the learning at each step
so much, they were left behind.

It is what a friend calls "chainsaw mentality". Let's say you are building
a fence. You can carefully measure and cut each board by hand for great
accuracy and take 5 minutes a board. Or you can stack 10 boards up, pull
out the chainsaw, and cut them all off in 2 minutes. Even if the chainsaw
isn't as accurate, you have a result, and then you can clean it up where
needed. The first method takes 50 minutes to get started. The other you are
started and doing refinement at 3 minutes.

In the real world, 47 minutes defines companies that are growing and making
money and companies that the stock has plummeted and are hoping someone will
buy them out.

Donald Trump's The Apprentice is running this scenario right now.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:29 PM
Tom in Missouri

In discussions in other groups and with other people, the consensus is that
a large chunk of the reason is the Barrett Jackson auctions. People watch a
car go out for $50,000 and say, hey, I got one of those in the weeds in the
back 40. Maybe if I get a Maaco paint job on it, and use some Armor All on
the dash and seats, I can sell mine for $40,000.

Unfortunately, Paul didn't show us his car, but the basic statement of
needing some TLC means that it probably needs a bunch of work to be really
nice. And those are everywhere at $3000-$5000. So his at $5500 is not a
quick sale.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:46 PM
Tom in Missouri

Have you been watching ebay lately? Here is one of those crazy projects.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=39405

Or search for item 4523866776.

He has it starting at $28,000 and needs everything, including the frame.
His logic is that it will cost you $25,000 and so you will have a fully
restored Barrett Jackson equivalent Corvette for $53,000. Unfortunately,
many will believe that.

Unfortunately, there are enough out there that the guy might get it, based
on how this '64 project is up to $21,000.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...atego ry=6168

Item 4521943127

Old February 2nd 05, 03:53 PM
dave

>"Dad" > wrote in message
> Strange, I've been looking for another C3, money is not the problem.

Finding
> one that is worth a Fig and priced appropriately is the problem. Do you

have
> any idea how many "rare" Corvettes were built, ALL OF THEM. I can wait

till
> next winter if I need to, I'm just not going to pay a bloated price.
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

i don't know, where was he stating it was rare and why you were thinking it
was bloated ? ~ maybe due to location. ?Do you guys have a bunch out that
way ? Here in Wis a $5500 Vette seems like a great price to me, almost a
steal, if it is in pretty decent shape. In top end shape they are selling
over $11k here for a 75 and a bit more for a 74.

I'd still have to see his pics.. I'll reserve full judgement on the steal at
$5500. It could be a bucket of bolts and leaking badly thus not worth $1k
let alone $5k