RSC Banning

Old June 13th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_4_]

Default RSC Banning

I wonder what in God's name is wrong with RSC. I post two harmless
messages, one dealing with the noting the brillance of someone's poll and
the other with a comment on the difference between "semanics" and "syntax",
where a poster, claiming to be an English major, had unbelievably confused
the two.

Next thing I know my IP address was banned.

This is easily gotten around, but it's the nature of the thing that is
rather irksome, that someone was unable to deal with some very harmless
criticism.

Alan

Old June 13th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rolf Wesemann[_2_]

This must not be a problem of the content of your posts, but you may have
gotten an IP-Adress, that was banned or marked as spammer before. This can
happen, because you normally get you IPs variable from your Internet Service
Provider (ISP). This happened to me once with the result, that I couldn't
send emails for one day, since I got a new IP.

Rolf

. ..

Old June 13th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

I believe my master will suffer a similar fate before too long, due to all
his trolling.

. ..

Old June 14th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Jun 13, 1:28*pm, "Alan Bernardo" > wrote:
> I wonder what in God's name is wrong with RSC. *I post two harmless
> messages, one dealing with the noting the brillance of someone's poll and
> the other with a comment on the difference between "semanics" and "syntax",
> where a poster, claiming to be an English major, had unbelievably confused
> the two.
>
> Next thing I know my IP address was banned.
>
> This is easily gotten around, but it's the nature of the thing that is
> rather irksome, that someone was unable to deal with some very harmless
> criticism.
>
> Alan

Looking at your profile (11:30 PM Friday) it says "Registered" so it
looks like you're not banned or it would say "Banned".

Maybe one of the Moderators had an over-reaction.
Old June 14th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_4_]

> wrote in message
On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, "Alan Bernardo" > wrote:
> I wonder what in God's name is wrong with RSC. I post two harmless
> messages, one dealing with the noting the brillance of someone's poll and
> the other with a comment on the difference between "semanics" and
> "syntax",
> where a poster, claiming to be an English major, had unbelievably confused
> the two.
>
> Next thing I know my IP address was banned.
>
> This is easily gotten around, but it's the nature of the thing that is
> rather irksome, that someone was unable to deal with some very harmless
> criticism.
>
> Alan

>Looking at your profile (11:30 PM Friday) it says "Registered" so it
>looks like you're not banned or it would say "Banned".

>Maybe one of the Moderators had an over-reaction.

Well, it's nice to hide behind a wall and make these decisions, without
having any real reason. I know over at the ARCA RSC forum, the developers
of that game are quite touchy and they are losing a lot of loyalists over
it.

No matter that they've been promising a new track now for a month, their
excuse being that it is not ready yet or they found some problems right
before release.

I'd like to see some of these moderators running ship in the real world.
They wouldn't stay afloat for long, making snap decisions based on shifty
evidence. And they couldn't hide behind the internet, acting big and tough.

Oh, well, I can use a proxy for the time being: it isn't like I do a lot of
posting anyhow. Mainly-- besides visiting the ARCA forum to see what new
excuses the developers have invented-- I go to the iRacing forum, to see how
things are going and maybe get some answers on when the invites are going to
be able to join the service.

But I'm for sure banned-- what tough guys those moderators are.

Alan

Old June 14th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_4_]

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message
>I believe my master will suffer a similar fate before too long, due to all
>his trolling.

Yeah, that's funny, whatever the heck you're referring to.

Alan

Old June 14th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

> Maybe one of the Moderators had an over-reaction.

Isn't that the definition of a moderator!? Moderation always ends up
filtering out more good stuff than bad!

Old June 14th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
. ..

> > wrote in message
> On Jun 13, 1:28 pm, "Alan Bernardo" > wrote:
>> I wonder what in God's name is wrong with RSC. I post two harmless
>> messages, one dealing with the noting the brillance of someone's poll and
>> the other with a comment on the difference between "semanics" and
>> "syntax",
>> where a poster, claiming to be an English major, had unbelievably
>> confused
>> the two.
>>
>> Next thing I know my IP address was banned.
>>
>> This is easily gotten around, but it's the nature of the thing that is
>> rather irksome, that someone was unable to deal with some very harmless
>> criticism.
>>
>> Alan

>>Looking at your profile (11:30 PM Friday) it says "Registered" so it
>>looks like you're not banned or it would say "Banned".

>>Maybe one of the Moderators had an over-reaction.

> Well, it's nice to hide behind a wall and make these decisions, without
> having any real reason. I know over at the ARCA RSC forum, the developers
> of that game are quite touchy and they are losing a lot of loyalists over
> it.
>
> No matter that they've been promising a new track now for a month, their
> excuse being that it is not ready yet or they found some problems right
> before release.
>
> I'd like to see some of these moderators running ship in the real world.
> They wouldn't stay afloat for long, making snap decisions based on shifty
> evidence. And they couldn't hide behind the internet, acting big and
> tough.
>
> Oh, well, I can use a proxy for the time being: it isn't like I do a lot
> of posting anyhow. Mainly-- besides visiting the ARCA forum to see what
> new excuses the developers have invented-- I go to the iRacing forum, to
> see how things are going and maybe get some answers on when the invites
> are going to be able to join the service.
>
> But I'm for sure banned-- what tough guys those moderators are.

Ah, diddums!

Old June 17th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

reset your cable modem or DSL modem (get new IP leased from ISP) before you
go too far in assuming the worst?