cold idle and mpg

Old October 30th 09, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default JR CAI SUCKS!

In article
peter > wrote:

> just how are you supposed to find your way home, before gps, if it
> werent for the hansel and gretel oil trail

Most British cars even have a backup navigation system: when all the oil
has leaked out, you can still follow the trail of parts that have fallen
off.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old October 30th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> Most British cars even have a backup navigation system: when all
> the oil has leaked out, you can still follow the trail of parts
> that have fallen off.

I've had multiple British cars dating back to the 1950's, all have been
trouble free except for three problems on my last, a Jaguar XJS, but
oddly enough, all three failures were stock General Motors parts! One
Pontiac shifter cable, one GM AC fuse and one Oldsmobile oil pressure
sending unit...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old October 30th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Oct 30, 9:40*am, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *peter > wrote:
> > just how are you supposed to find your way home, before gps, if it
> > werent for the hansel and gretel oil trail

> Most British cars even have a backup navigation system: when all the oil
> has leaked out, you can still follow the trail of parts that have fallen
> off.
>
> --

teh,heh
snicker, snicker

remember some the brit bike oil systems which were "designed" to be
total loss systems? the rest just were . still 89 % of all brit
vehicles ever registered are still on the road...the rest made it
home...

Old October 30th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> I've had multiple British cars dating back to the 1950's, all have been
> trouble free except for three problems on my last, a Jaguar XJS

Either they were garage queens, or you lead a charmed life.

My first car, a Jaguar Mark IV, broke an axle easing gently away from a
stop sign. It had only 50k miles on it. Due to the total lack of spares,
I sold it another poor sap who had one in even worse shape. Now, of
course, they're trophies for rich collectors.

My second car, an MGA, broke down on the way home from buying it. It
developed a rod knock a few months later. I had the engine rebuilt, and
the next year it broke a crank cruising at 60 mph. I couldn't begin to
list the daily minor issues that made daily transportation a constant
struggle. I rebuilt a junkyard engine and dumped the MG at 45k before it
could break again.

Both of these cars were well maintained and not abused, but they just
weren't suitable as daily drivers in this country. My third car was a
Mustang, which was still running strong when I gave it to my brother at
80k.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old October 31st 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Peter, Thanks that was a much needed laugh! My gosh, has anyone lasted thru
that entire 'thread'? That was like watching a Monte Python movie, funny as
hell but you can only take sooooo much!

Chris
smoke-free99BBB

"peter" > wrote in message
On Oct 29, 10:32 am, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >, pws >
> wrote:
>
> > I am pretty sure that Jackson Racing hired an engineer from GM to help
> > design that cold air intake.

> Nah, Lucas. The original plans called for Whitworth fasteners. The oil
> leaks were tolerable, but they fired him after an argument over cloth
> insulation for the MAS wiring.

you guys **** me off, there is nothing wrong with the old brits which
cant be repaired.
for example http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm
and just how are you supposed to find your way home, before gps, if it
werent for the hansel and gretel oil trail....jeez

peter

Old October 31st 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

snip;
remember some the brit bike oil systems which were "designed" to be
total loss systems? the rest just were . still 89 % of all brit
vehicles ever registered are still on the road...the rest made it
home...

Peter is ON A ROLL here! Nice work!

Chris
99BBB
Old October 31st 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

<remember some the brit bike oil systems which were "designed" to be
total loss systems? the rest just were . >>

They also featured an early version of anti-lock brakes.

miker

Cold Idle Problem Josh[_1_] Jeep 4 December 29th 06 03:47 PM
97 ZJ V8 JGC Wont idle when cold jamest Jeep 4 October 30th 06 01:05 PM
E39 Cold air at idle Dean BMW 3 March 1st 05 02:02 PM
2000SL1 Idle when cold Chris Etzel Saturn 0 February 10th 05 05:27 PM
Cold Idle high Oliver Gunnell Audi 5 November 5th 04 02:14 AM