Mazda MPV Timing belt

Old July 18th 05, 01:47 PM
Ayre Schnell

Default Mazda MPV Timing belt

is the mazda mpv timing belt suggested change interval at 60k miles?

if yes, is there also a reset required for some type or alert on the dash (that may or
may not come on at about this time)?

Old July 18th 05, 10:36 PM
Shep

What year what engine sohc or dohc, ??

Old July 19th 05, 12:30 AM
Al

Not exactly on topic but, My wifes 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe was scheduled for a
timing belt replacement at 60,000 mi. The belt knocked teeth off at less
than 53,000. From now on I'll have the belt replaced 10,000 before it's
supposed to be!
I just wanted to pass this on...................

Old July 19th 05, 01:09 AM
Z.Z.

Al wrote:

> Not exactly on topic but, My wifes 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe was scheduled
> for a timing belt replacement at 60,000 mi. The belt knocked teeth off
> at less than 53,000. From now on I'll have the belt replaced 10,000
> before it's supposed to be!

OTOH, our Mazda Protege is supposed to have the belt replaced at 60K
mi...unless it was first registered in Calif, in which case it's 110K mi
(or maybe 105K...I forget). Does anyone think they put different belts on
cars going to Calif?
Old July 19th 05, 02:36 AM
Ayre Schnell

Shep wrote:
> What year what engine

not sure, it's a 98 mpv, does the recommendation for belt change vary by year of mpv ?
isn't there some 'generic' recommended interval?

Old July 19th 05, 05:07 PM
Shep

2 different engines and year makes a difference.

Old July 20th 05, 12:46 PM
Ayre Schnell

Shep wrote
> 2 different engines and year makes a difference.

ok, you have the year (98), if you know the answer for the 2 choices of engines, why
not post it?

thanks

Old July 20th 05, 01:33 PM
Comboverfish

You are entering troll territory here, buddy! Post the ****ing engine
size OR stop bothering people who are trying to help you.

Toyota MDT in MO

Old July 20th 05, 02:11 PM
Mark Taurido

Comboverfish wrote
> You are entering troll territory here, buddy! Post the ****ing engine
> size OR stop bothering people who are trying to help you.

for what it's worth, I also have a 98 mazda mpv and have no idea what size engine it
has. mine is a v6 but I could not tell what hp or anything else

would also like to know what the 2 options are if it's not too much trouble to ask?

Old July 20th 05, 02:38 PM
Comboverfish

Mark Taurido wrote:
> Comboverfish wrote
> > You are entering troll territory here, buddy! Post the ****ing engine
> > size OR stop bothering people who are trying to help you.

> for what it's worth, I also have a 98 mazda mpv and have no idea what size engine it
> has. mine is a v6 but I could not tell what hp or anything else
>
> would also like to know what the 2 options are if it's not too much trouble to ask?

If I sounded like an asshole in that last response, it's because the
car owner need simply look at the engine decal, or on the V.E.C.I.
label affixed to the hood, or have enough interest in his car to know a
simple bit of information such as engine type. He could ask the shop
or dealer he uses for repairs, ask a neighbor, or Google the info, or
etc...

I get ****ed when a poster askes a question about his car without
mention of year, make, model, engine and trans. When they repeatedly
withhold the info then I get uber-****ed. Shep, the respondent, has
been very helpful and courteous with posters in every one of his
replies I have read. He doesn't need this crap.

Toyota MDT in MO