1994 Chevy s10 tailpipe driving me nuts

Old July 16th 05, 12:48 AM
fred

Default 1994 Chevy s10 tailpipe driving me nuts

Hi everyone,

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

I own a 1994 Chevy S-10 Pickup, V6, 4.3 liter shortbed (6 foot) Z model (the
8th letter in the vin number is a Z) it has the Vortec Engine.

lately we've been trying to work on the truck and noticed the muffler and
tail pipe were very rotted out.

Here is my dilemma.

we changed the muffler with an aftermarket with no problem.

when it comes to the tailpipe.. no matter where I go to get an aftermarket
Tail pipe, (Chevy discontinued original tailpipes and mufflers) the new
tailpipe does not match the old one and unless it is somehow bent it will
not fit.

They both start out similar but then the original and the new ones i've
purchased bend in totally opposite directions.

The car does not seemed to have been modified in any way and I'm wondering
if anyone else has ever had a problem like this.

Another thing I noticed was that when I ordered the 2 rear E brake cables
and the parts came in from the local chevy dealer.. both items were shorter
than what should be used in the car and have to be sent back.

I think these two problems might be realated.

If anyone has any idea what could be the problem I'd really appreciate it.

Please post the reply in this group.

Thank you!

Old July 16th 05, 01:14 AM
223rem

Use alt.trucks.chevy instead.

Old July 16th 05, 01:17 AM
fred

> Use alt.trucks.chevy instead.

i actually posted there first

but this is the car group i usually post in here and there so i cross posted

"223rem" > wrote in message
m...

Old July 16th 05, 07:55 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

fred wrote:

> when it comes to the tailpipe.. no matter where I go to get an aftermarket
> Tail pipe, (Chevy discontinued original tailpipes and mufflers) the new
> tailpipe does not match the old one and unless it is somehow bent it will
> not fit.
>
> They both start out similar but then the original and the new ones i've
> purchased bend in totally opposite directions.

Hey loonybird. You've got a dual exhaust system and you're trying to
put the right side pipe on the left side.

Old July 16th 05, 03:11 PM
fred

> You've got a dual exhaust system and you're trying to
> put the right side pipe on the left side.

nope i dont have a dual exhaust system. 1 exhaust, 1 tailpipe, 1 muffler.'

its a chevy s10 man, not a Mercedes S600

Old July 16th 05, 11:00 PM
JohnH

Any basic muffler shop should easily be able to bend you a pipe.

Old July 17th 05, 04:05 AM
fred

> Any basic muffler shop should easily be able to bend you a pipe.

i think that what you said will be the route i will most likely be taking
:/

it still confuses the heck out of me tho.

Old July 17th 05, 04:05 AM
223rem

fred wrote:
>>You've got a dual exhaust system and you're trying to
>>put the right side pipe on the left side.

> nope i dont have a dual exhaust system. 1 exhaust, 1 tailpipe, 1 muffler.'
>
> its a chevy s10 man, not a Mercedes S600

Please ignore her, she's a brain-dead troll.
Old July 17th 05, 06:28 AM
Paul.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:05:53 GMT, 223rem , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> fred wrote:
> >>You've got a dual exhaust system and you're trying to
> >>put the right side pipe on the left side.

> > nope i dont have a dual exhaust system. 1 exhaust, 1 tailpipe, 1 muffler.'
> >
> > its a chevy s10 man, not a Mercedes S600

> Please ignore her, she's a brain-dead troll.

And its "manliness," is highly suspect.

--
Paul

Self-appointed unofficial overseer of kooks
and trolls in rec.autos.driving.