OT London

Old July 7th 05, 09:01 PM
TerryB

Default OT London

My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
these Horrible events.

Old July 7th 05, 09:19 PM
Shag

On 7 Jul 2005 13:01:06 -0700, "TerryB" > wrote:

>My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
>London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
>these Horrible events.

My wife and daughter are in the area right now. They'd planned to
visit London and see what there was to see there all day today, but
fortunately my wife is not a "morning person" so they got up late
enough that the news of the bombings had already come out. She
emailed me to let me know that they wouldn't go to London today unless
they were sure it was safe. Not sure how anyone could know that. I
hope they just stayed away completely.

Old July 7th 05, 10:41 PM
Tony Bennett

TerryB wrote:
> My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
> London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
> these Horrible events.

Thanks Terry

I dont live in London, but this is a small country and we all know or
know of someone who is there.

I was at university in London in the early 70s when the IRA were trying
to bomb us to bits. We got through that, and we'll get through this.

Most people yesterday were over the moon with the Olympic bid win, and
us getting one over on the French.

Doesn't seem so important now, and all the parties have been cancelled.

Elation to despair in twenty four hours.

Funny old world we live in.

Tony
Old July 7th 05, 11:38 PM
Joao Eliseu

"TerryB" > wrote:
>My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
>London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
>these Horrible events.

Terrible news. I felt very sad all day thinking in all people that are victim of
violence and wars.

Joao
Old July 8th 05, 12:16 AM
P.J. Berg

Shag wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2005 13:01:06 -0700, "TerryB" > wrote:
>

>>My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
>>London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
>>these Horrible events.

> My wife and daughter are in the area right now. They'd planned to
> visit London and see what there was to see there all day today, but
> fortunately my wife is not a "morning person" so they got up late
> enough that the news of the bombings had already come out. She
> emailed me to let me know that they wouldn't go to London today unless
> they were sure it was safe. Not sure how anyone could know that. I
> hope they just stayed away completely.

My sentiments to you Travis, hope your family is safe.
But, have a good think now, who trained these groups in the old days
against the commies??

You have a realy long good think now before you call me, and most of
Western Europe for idiots now, do you listen ??

I'm not taking the **** now, neither should you....

J.
Old July 8th 05, 01:11 AM
johnboy

"Shag" > wrote in message

> My wife and daughter are in the area right now.

Suggest to your wife that she leave London, go to Oxford via the train. It
leaves regularly. A short ride. And go to the Turf Tavern there, and visit
Christ Church, where I went to school. It used to be quite pretty.

Old July 8th 05, 02:03 AM
Shag

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:11:08 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .

>> My wife and daughter are in the area right now.

>Suggest to your wife that she leave London, go to Oxford via the train. It
>leaves regularly. A short ride. And go to the Turf Tavern there, and visit
>Christ Church, where I went to school. It used to be quite pretty.

I'd pass along your recommendation to her, but I don't have constant
contact with her. Wow, I miss her even more than I imagined I would,
and I imagined I'd miss her a LOT. :-/ She won't be home until
7/20.
Old July 8th 05, 02:37 AM
Charles @ Kankakee

"Tony Bennett" > wrote in message
> TerryB wrote:
>> My heart felt prayers and best wishes to all our friends over in
>> London. Hope none of our RAMVA people have been directly touched by
>> these Horrible events.
>>

> Thanks Terry
>
> I dont live in London, but this is a small country and we all know or know
> of someone who is there.
>
> I was at university in London in the early 70s when the IRA were trying to
> bomb us to bits. We got through that, and we'll get through this.
>
> Most people yesterday were over the moon with the Olympic bid win, and us
> getting one over on the French.
>
> Doesn't seem so important now, and all the parties have been cancelled.
>
> Elation to despair in twenty four hours.
>
> Funny old world we live in.
>
> Tony

I'm surprised the English didn't declare war on the French after the snitty
remarks they made about English food yesterday. (Second only to the Finnish
in badness? The French are the ones that eat snails and fish eggs and cold
soup.)

I was deeply saddened by today's events. These kind of people only
understand the Chicago way. Being nice to them only makes them more
determined. I think they are cowards that did this.

Charles of Kankakee

Old July 8th 05, 03:33 AM
johnboy

"Shag" > wrote in message

> I'd pass along your recommendation to her, but I don't have constant
> contact with her. Wow, I miss her even more than I imagined I would,
> and I imagined I'd miss her a LOT. :-/ She won't be home until
> 7/20.

It's good to do things like this. I hope she enjoys England, regardless of
the language barrier.

Old July 8th 05, 03:59 AM
Jan Andersson

johnboy wrote:

> "Shag" > wrote in message
>
> > My wife and daughter are in the area right now.

> Suggest to your wife that she leave London, go to Oxford via the train. It
> leaves regularly. A short ride. And go to the Turf Tavern there, and visit
> Christ Church, where I went to school. It used to be quite pretty.

Jebus, at first I read "I used to be quite pretty".
I was like, "no way!"

:P

Jan

London. L.W.(ßill) Hughes III Jeep 74 July 29th 05 02:54 PM
London Olympics Ross Garrett BMW 12 July 7th 05 09:01 PM
London to use intelligent speed traps to catch highway killers Jim Yanik Driving 1 April 14th 05 06:06 PM
Independent BMW garages - London SW moxy BMW 2 March 25th 05 04:34 PM
E39 Police Cars in London [email protected] BMW 32 February 5th 05 11:31 PM