Replaced radiator problem....

Old June 8th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Replaced radiator problem....

Hi,

I have a 97 Honda Accord Sedan. Once the radiator failed when i was on
the highway and got heated up, i drove 2 miles with the same problem
and replaced with new radiator, thermostat and everything was fine for
couple of days after that when i drive my vechile more than 5 miles it
automatically gets heated up and the temp guage goes up. I asked the
mechanic who replaced the radiator and he said everything was fine and
but the problem persists. I can't even ON my Air conditioner in the
summer coz It gets heated up as soon as I switch ON the AC. Can you
please help me out in this issue. I am struggling with the heat and no
mechanic is able to tell the exact problem.

Thanks
Amar

Old June 9th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ray[_6_]

ON my accord i had a similar problem the cause was that I put some
special additive in the radiator hoping to extent the new radiators
life. Somehow the additive which was supposed to lubricate / anti
corrosion caused the car to continually overheat after a 20 minute
ride. I replaced everything and eventually figured it out.

Cause #2 for you could be upper radiator hose collapsing internally.
Take off upper radiator hose and inspect inside. Also see if hose
collapses while idling

most likely you have air in system once you rule out air the above
tips may save lots of manhours

latter Ray