2005 Civic SI PCV valve

Old June 7th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2005 Civic SI PCV valve

Josh > wrote in news:1181235527.864323.148920
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> Also for any following this thread, here is some info from AEM's
> website on air bypass valve. I'm using their new V2 filter. It is
> almost like a short ram in that it is placed in the same area as the
> stock honda filter housing.
>
> Q: When should I use an Air Bypass Valve?
> A: The AEM Bypass Valve protects the engine from ingesting water and
> hydro-locking if the filter becomes submerged in water.

AEM's bypass valve does not perform the same function as Honda's bypass
valve with a similar-sounding name.

Honda's valve CLOSES once the engine reaches operating temoerature.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old June 8th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Tegger wrote:
> Josh > wrote in news:1181235527.864323.148920
> @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Also for any following this thread, here is some info from AEM's
>> website on air bypass valve. I'm using their new V2 filter. It is
>> almost like a short ram in that it is placed in the same area as the
>> stock honda filter housing.
>>
>> Q: When should I use an Air Bypass Valve?
>> A: The AEM Bypass Valve protects the engine from ingesting water and
>> hydro-locking if the filter becomes submerged in water.

> AEM's bypass valve does not perform the same function as Honda's bypass
> valve with a similar-sounding name.
>
> Honda's valve CLOSES once the engine reaches operating temoerature.

while a worthy effort, why are you wasting your time? he doesn't
understand the basics, doesn't want to listen, and so by definition is
unhelpable. he's bought into the aem shtick and that's that - he
therefore wants to learn by mistake. let him. all kids have to go
through that stage at some point.
Old June 8th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Josh[_4_]

> > Q: When should I use an Air Bypass Valve?
> > A: The AEM Bypass Valve protects the engine from ingesting water and
> > hydro-locking if the filter becomes submerged in water.

> AEM's bypass valve does not perform the same function as Honda's bypass
> valve with a similar-sounding name.
>
> Honda's valve CLOSES once the engine reaches operating temoerature.

Tegger, I totally understand the difference. I posted the above info
for anyone wondering about the AEM bypass valve that protects against
water ingestion on their products, completely different animal than
the Honda valve.

Old June 9th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Tegger wrote:

<snip>

> Don't know about you, but I like to treat $10,000 engines with the respect
> they deserve. I use OEM intakes and filters. An extra one or two HP isn't
> worth the loss of 100,000 miles of engine life.

I'm with you, Tegger, plus I change the air filter yearly. Super cheap
insurance to protect a $10,000 engine.