Antifreeze?

Old October 14th 04, 04:12 PM
Richard

Default Antifreeze?

My book for my PT and Town & Country lists something like a G-02 type. But
the Chrysler only sells a 3 year and 5 year without any such type ID. Just
what is the recommended product at the Chrysler dealer?

Richard.

Old October 14th 04, 05:11 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, it was written:

> My book for my PT and Town & Country lists something like a G-02 type. But
> the Chrysler only sells a 3 year and 5 year without any such type ID. Just
> what is the recommended product at the Chrysler dealer?

G-O5. You can get it at a well-stocked parts store.
Old October 14th 04, 05:11 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old October 14th 04, 07:42 PM
Richard

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, it was written:
>
>> My book for my PT and Town & Country lists something like a G-02 type.
>> But
>> the Chrysler only sells a 3 year and 5 year without any such type ID.
>> Just
>> what is the recommended product at the Chrysler dealer?

> G-O5. You can get it at a well-stocked parts store.

You miss my point. What stuff at the Chrysler dealer is G-O5 since their
stuff does not carry that label?

Richard.

Old October 14th 04, 07:42 PM
Richard

Old October 14th 04, 08:37 PM
jdoe

If it's mopar "branded" than it should be fine.
Larry

Old October 14th 04, 08:37 PM
jdoe

Old October 14th 04, 11:09 PM
Bill Putney

Richard wrote:
> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
> n.umich.edu...
>
>>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, it was written:
>>

>>>My book for my PT and Town & Country lists something like a G-02 type.
>>>But
>>>the Chrysler only sells a 3 year and 5 year without any such type ID.
>>>Just
>>>what is the recommended product at the Chrysler dealer?

>>G-O5. You can get it at a well-stocked parts store.

> You miss my point. What stuff at the Chrysler dealer is G-O5 since their
> stuff does not carry that label?
>
> Richard.

The Mopar 5/100 type should be the right stuff. You should see "MS6769"
referenced somewhere on the container.

In the aftermarket, you will need to find it in Zerex brand - but make
sure it has the G-05 reference. If it's Zerex brand and does not say
G-05 on it (prominently on the front of the container), it's not the
right type. Not every auto parts store carries it, but enough do that
you should be able to find it. Some carry Zerex, but not every type
that Zerex makes - so, again - look for the G-05.

Also, you can go to a Ford dealer and ask for their WSS-M97B51-A1. Be
aware that, believe it or not, the color of what you get from Chrysler
will be orange, from Ford will be yellow - same thing chemically - Ford
just has theirs dyed yellow, Chrysler...orange. Go figure!

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old October 14th 04, 11:09 PM
Bill Putney

Old October 14th 04, 11:55 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:09:25 -0400, Bill Putney wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
>> n.umich.edu...
>>
>>>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, it was written:

>>>G-O5. You can get it at a well-stocked parts store.

>> You miss my point. What stuff at the Chrysler dealer is G-O5 since their
>> stuff does not carry that label?
>>
>> Richard.

> The Mopar 5/100 type should be the right stuff. You should see "MS6769"
> referenced somewhere on the container.
>
> In the aftermarket, you will need to find it in Zerex brand - but make
> sure it has the G-05 reference. If it's Zerex brand and does not say
> G-05 on it (prominently on the front of the container), it's not the
> right type. Not every auto parts store carries it, but enough do that
> you should be able to find it. Some carry Zerex, but not every type
> that Zerex makes - so, again - look for the G-05.
>
> Also, you can go to a Ford dealer and ask for their WSS-M97B51-A1. Be
> aware that, believe it or not, the color of what you get from Chrysler
> will be orange, from Ford will be yellow - same thing chemically - Ford
> just has theirs dyed yellow, Chrysler...orange. Go figure!
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Why won't any antifreeze work?