jet-powered VW-BUG, I want one now !

Old May 7th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default jet-powered VW-BUG, I want one now !

Thats a riot. A Jet-powered VW - BUG. I want one oh those in my Garage,
and a Gas-station too, so I can fill it up.
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/vw.html

Old May 8th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

What an absolute waste of good engineering know-how. After all the time and
money spent, the guy could have had an EV for every member of his family.
With his resources and ingenuity, those EVs could have been developed to
cruise at 70 MPH and have a range of 200 miles or more between charges.

Instead, he has developed something that cannot be used, other than an
occasional drive around some race track with no other vehicles anywhere
near. All he has really accomplished is to find yet another way to burn
fossil fuel, contaminate the atmosphere, and add noise.

Old May 8th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Papa > wrote:

> What an absolute waste of good engineering know-how. After all the time and
> money spent, the guy could have had an EV for every member of his family.
> With his resources and ingenuity, those EVs could have been developed to
> cruise at 70 MPH and have a range of 200 miles or more between charges.
>
> Instead, he has developed something that cannot be used, other than an
> occasional drive around some race track with no other vehicles anywhere
> near. All he has really accomplished is to find yet another way to burn
> fossil fuel, contaminate the atmosphere, and add noise.

You sound like a fun guy!
Old May 9th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

I am, but wastefulness kind of dampens my humor - especially when it affects
the environment.

Old May 10th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Papa wrote:

> I am, but wastefulness kind of dampens my humor - especially when it
> affects the environment.

Did you ever think that this may be useful? Maybe it would revolutionize
aviation or something. Guys like you are fixated on the past and want us
to go back to the dark ages in the name of the environment (lets all ride
bicycles instead of driving cars). There is no proof that man has as much
as an effect on the environment that most greenie weenies say, but they get
instant media credibility every time they open their mouths with no proof
or supporting evidence of their claims.

Here is a good example, nuclear power could provide an exponential amount of
power over regular power plants, but the weenies claim it was unsafe, can't
do anything with the waste, etc. Nobody ever sought to construct a
Cherynobyl type plant, and the waste can be disposed of properly but not by
killing any attempt at research.

Instead we get all the doubletalk and false claims that make these bozos
seem smart when they say "save the planet". How stupid would they sound if
they kept saying they were going to "save the world"? We are talking about
the same thing. As long as China and most of Europe pollute as they do,
there is no way the world will be cleaner if the US just shut down
everything tomorrow.

--
Mike
Old May 11th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Sonny, you have a lot to learn. I am an engineer who has been in aviation
when you were still in diapers. I participated in the Apollo program and the
Space Shuttle, and helped develop the electronics that led to calculators,
personal computers, and the cell phones that you probably have stuck in your
ear every minute of the day.

So don't tell me what is useful, what might work, and what might affect the
environment. You just don't have a clue. Meanwhile, try opening your mind to
the real data. Politics has nothing to do with it, facts do.

Old May 29th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

You and Al Gore.