Wheel refinishing recommendations needed

Old March 8th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Wheel refinishing recommendations needed

I've had my 2005 M3 about a year. Yesterday I used a little too much
right foot and too little restraint (of course the traction control
was off) and the next thing I knew I was sideways at 60 mph with the
rear wheels on a gravel shoulder.

The wheels are BBS RGR bright silver painted finish. It's surprising
how many little chips you can get in such a short time. I wish I
would have had the stock wheels on at the time because I like the
RGR's better.

Does anyone know of a good place to get wheels refinished?

Thanks,
R.C.
Old March 8th 06, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Richard Cranium wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good place to get wheels refinished?
>
> Thanks,
> R.C.

Wiht a last name of Cranium it would seem you might have the sense to
tell people WHERE YOU ARE when asking where to get wheels refinished.

<sarcasm/on>

But - hey - there's this little place near me that does really good
work. Why not go there?

<sarcasm/off>
Old March 8th 06, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Well, since you asked, I'm at home.

When I asked if anyone knew of a good place to get wheels refinished I
expected they would share it with the group. Location is not
important there are businesses like UPS that ship anywhere.

R.C.

Old March 8th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

see, Mr. Cranium is smarter than you buddy ;-)

Chris

Old March 8th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I have no experience, but I don't know why any local, dependable body shop
couldn't do it.

Googling "refinish wheels" brings up about a gazillion places that claim to
be the best.

Old March 9th 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Richard Cranium, no offense to you, but this is how we normally refer
to someone in a mixed environment when we want to call them Dick Head.
Since this could possibly be a serious question, your location is
relavent as I doubt you want to ship the wheels to Germany if you're
in South Dakota...

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:33:18 -0500, "joe_tide" >
wrote:

>I have no experience, but I don't know why any local, dependable body shop
>couldn't do it.
>
>Googling "refinish wheels" brings up about a gazillion places that claim to
>be the best.

.. .

Old March 9th 06, 01:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Richard Cranium wrote:
> Well, since you asked, I'm at home.
>
> When I asked if anyone knew of a good place to get wheels refinished I
> expected they would share it with the group. Location is not
> important there are businesses like UPS that ship anywhere.

Well, in that case, I know of a great place in Nan King China. Do you
want to ship your (heavy) wheels back and forth to that shop?

You need to at least say what continent you are on... ;-)

Now, to answer your question, since you are obviously on the North
American continent:

http://www.neww.com/

http://www.rimandwheelworks.com/index.html

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=wh...s=&safe=images

--
-Fred W
Old March 9th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Nobody Important wrote:
> Where's that trollmeter when you need it?
>
> If the story is true, the OP should buy a 1000 cc sport bike, which
> would provide greater acceleration and have the tendency to remove him
> from the gene pool sooner.

Here you go...

* *
* 5 6 *
* *
* 4 7 *
* / *
* / *
* 3 / 8 *
* / *
* / *
* 2 / 9 *
* / *
* / *
* 1 _____/_____ 10 *
* *
* TROLL-METER *

Now copy that somewhere for future use!! ;-)

--
-Fred W
Old March 9th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> see, Mr. Cranium is smarter than you buddy ;-)
>
> Chris

Chris - he wouldn't know a clue if it fell on his head :-),
Old March 9th 06, 09:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Psycho,

No offense taken. I would hope that you didn't think that was my real
name. I don't believe Psycho is yours, but you never know.

Yes this is a serious question. I live in Illinois. I doubt there
would be an excellent shop right in my back yard but you never know.

R.C.