1994 saturn sc2 starter location

Old July 13th 05, 02:37 PM
edwrdswllm2601

Default 1994 saturn sc2 starter location

yes i want to know where by the tranny is the starter located at????

Old July 13th 05, 09:45 PM
just another

In article outautos.com>,
"edwrdswllm2601" > wrote:

> yes i want to know where by the tranny is the starter located at????

Heh, took me awhile to find it in my '97. Yours is the SOHC, right? Mine's the DOHC, but they
should be the same as far as starter location goes.

From under the car, it's in the back below the manifold. The business end (gear) points into the
bellhousing, and the electrical contacts point toward the passenger-side front tire. I haven't
removed mine yet, it looks like the bottom mounting bolt is accessible from the bottom; but the
top mounting bolt either requires an oddball-curved wrench from the bottom, or a long, thin
extension to reach from the top (even then, I can't see how to turn it... that's why I haven't
pulled mine). If I could afford it I'd be taking the car to the dealer for starter replacement.
Old July 15th 05, 12:30 AM
edwrdswllm2601

thanks for the info...yeah i called around and they said you have to jack
the motor up pretty high to get to if i also found a place here in florida
that will take it out and rebuild it and put it back in for $200 but also
do you know where the starter relay is located i think it's that or my
clutch saftey switch went bad

Old July 15th 05, 06:42 PM
SMacIntyre

I just changed mine ('94 SL2 DOHC) last month for the second time. (first
was about 85K miles, this was at about 170K miles.)

Did not have to jack the engine up, but I will admit - it's really tight in
there even with small hands. I unfortunately do not have small hands,
(well, unfortunately for this situation anyway...heh), so a little beat up
and bloody did my hands get. I just put the car on ramps and laid on a
creeper...

Scott

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 15th 05, 08:52 PM
edwrdswllm2601

thanks for the info do you by chance know where the starter relay is?

Old July 19th 05, 02:06 AM
Fred V.

It was a horrible job getting mine out (94 SC2). And to make things worse
the first one from autozone was
defective. 2nd one ok.
Fred

Old July 20th 05, 11:55 PM
NapalmHeart

"edwrdswllm2601" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> thanks for the info do you by chance know where the starter relay is?

Bolted onto the starter.

Ken

Old July 21st 05, 01:24 PM
edwrdswllm2601

thanks for all the help everyone

Old August 10th 05, 11:06 AM
edwrdswllm2601

ok how did you get the top bolt off?what type of wrench did you use?i need
to know this i've tryed everything i can get to the bolt and i can get a
socket and rachet on it but no where to turn it.did u go from the bottom
to get the top bolt and if so how long of ext did u use?

Old August 29th 05, 02:45 AM
Fred V.

I believe I bought a offset open-end
wrench from sears and got at the bolt from the
top.

Fred

"edwrdswllm2601" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> ok how did you get the top bolt off?what type of wrench did you use?i need
> to know this i've tryed everything i can get to the bolt and i can get a
> socket and rachet on it but no where to turn it.did u go from the bottom
> to get the top bolt and if so how long of ext did u use?

Saturn horror stories- could (will) happen to you! [email protected] Saturn 3 June 22nd 05 12:49 AM
Why all the cracked heads, oil burning,etc. here? [email protected] Saturn 11 March 28th 05 09:39 PM
Saturn Starter? Sharkfin Technology 3 February 3rd 05 02:36 AM
location of grounding wires on 1998 saturn SL1? D Saturn 1 October 8th 04 03:17 AM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 07:04 PM