So...

Old April 14th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default So...

HI all.
Ha ha. Well I was painting some stuff on my bug with good ol' POR-15
yesterday and was unaware that a hole had formed in on of the rubber
gloves I was wearing. It was a messy job and the paint got all over my
gloves and in turn my hand without me knowing it. Didn't feel it
seeping in... Just posting to see if anybody out there has successfuly
removed this stuff once it's dry. I doubt it, but, heck, might as well
ask! Chisel? Jackhammer? What do you think about wearing gloves to
my job interview next week? I'm proly SOL, but had to check! =)
Feel free to make fun of me.

Steve

Old April 14th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Just posting to see if anybody out there has successfuly
> removed this stuff once it's dry.

............I've never been able to get rid of all of it but sand paper will
remove the outer layer of skin along with at least some of the POR15. Just
go slowly and stop before blood starts appearing.........lol

........I think that acetone will soften it but I'd be afraid to have any
prolonged skin contact with it. It took it off of my wedding ring once but
maybe the rubbing with a scouring pad would have worked without the acetone
anyway.

.........If it's just for an interview, maybe your wife/girlfriend has some
makeup that would hide it temporarily.

Old April 15th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

The sandpaper method has always worked well (enough)
for me most times. A similar alternate method has been a Dremel tool
with a medium grit sanding drum. The small cordless Dremel on low speed
has done wonders for me in the past. )

Old April 16th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

My worst ever with por 15 was the time I sat in small puddle of it and
my coveralls and underpants were stuck to my arse! . All of us have
gotten black hand syndrome using POR-15. Good stuff but nasty on the
skin! Get it off as soon as you get it on!

Wild Bill Tucker
Pensacola, Fl
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-rareair

Old April 16th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Wild Bill wrote:
> My worst ever with por 15 was the time I sat in small puddle of it and
> my coveralls and underpants were stuck to my arse! . All of us have
> gotten black hand syndrome using POR-15. Good stuff but nasty on the
> skin! Get it off as soon as you get it on!

LOL!!
To sandpaper your ass couldn't have been fun.

Btw, thanks for not sharing pix, Bill

Old April 16th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

> LOL!!
> To sandpaper your ass couldn't have been fun.
>

> Btw, thanks for not sharing pix, Bill

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah.... Just hands here. I hope. Thanks for the
replies. I've been vigorously scrubbing my hands every time I think of
it and the stuff seems to be weakening and more and more comes off each
time. Should be good come interview time! =) Happy Easter!

Steve

Old April 18th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I had the coveralls and skivies cut away and the wife really had fun
doing that! She was laughing so hard that I thought for sure she was
going to pull a Lorena Bobbit on me!! Well the Por-15 bandaid finally
"fell " off in about a week or so. I wish I had some photos but then
again NOT!! LOL.

Old April 18th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Next time you have to use a decent pair of gloves or maybe not.
Now you learn how to make you wife laugh LOL
The first time is usually funnier ;-)

Joćo