SPRING WELCOMES NEW ON-LINE AUTOMOBILIA AUCTION

Old March 18th 05, 04:16 PM
arteauto.com

Default SPRING WELCOMES NEW ON-LINE AUTOMOBILIA AUCTION

l'art et l'automobile, headquartered in Long Island, New York, in
East Hampton, recognized worldwide as a leader in automotive
collectibles announced today that the third of its exclusive on-line
auctions will be taking place during mid-March to early April, making
bidding on those rare objects and those sought-after collectibles just
a mouse-click away.

"We have been very happy with the results of our first two on-line
sales," said Jacques Vaucher, owner of l'art et l'automobile,
"and many collectors have told us how much they like it being so easy
to take part and follow the progress of the sale from their home,
office or on the road."

For their first sale of the 2005 season, a selection of over 340
specially selected lots of collectibles ranging from literature,
out-of-print books, and racing posters, to toy cars, radiator mascots
and original works of automotive art, will be available for inspection
and around-the-clock bidding at their website, www.arteauto.com.

"Unlike major on-line auction services," said Vaucher, "our sale
is for the serious collector who doesn't have time to sort through
millions of non-related items, he can know that each and every item we
have will be of interest to those who really love the automobile."

Just because this sale caters to experienced collectors doesn't mean
that the novice collector on a budget won't find something of
interest in the Spring 2005 on-line sale. Starting bids for a number of
lots are as low as $25.00 and the variety of items touch almost every
aspect of the hobby from classics to the high-end sports and racing
cars. Motorsports play an important part of every auction staged by
l'art et l'automobile, and this sale has many interesting items
including original racing programs from Europe as well as posters that
promote events such as Monaco, Le Mans and an number of racing venues.

Among the many items on the block is a large selection of books that
provide histories on specific marques as well as racing histories,
statistics and results. One lot is a complete collection of Automobile
Year from its first issue covering 1953, up to the 2002, which Vaucher
says is getting rare, to find the entire run together.

"What is so much fun about our auctions," says Vaucher, "is that
you never know exactly what you are going to find. And with it being
on-line, we have made it very convenient to take part in our sales."

For those who are a little too anxious for the auction, or might be
looking for a gift idea for their friends or family that have motor oil
in their veins, www.arteauto.com also has a wide selection of
collectibles offered for sale at their on-line store, ranging from
posters for concours to grand prix races to books about specific
marques, historic tracks or celebrities in the world of motorsport and
the automobile world, plus prints, original artwork, badges and more.

For more information, log on to www.arteauto.com, or contact l'art
et l'automobile directly by calling (631) 329-8580. Should your
travels take you to the East Hampton area, the gallery is open Monday
thru Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, with Saturdays and Sundays by
appointment.