John DeLorean Dies

Old March 21st 05, 07:40 PM
Larry Bud

Default John DeLorean Dies

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> An interesting side note: The KTLA Morning News mentions that he was
> slated to become president of GM, that he was the Father of the GTO,
> and that he started DeLorean Motor Company, but not a peep about how
> he turned to cocaine smuggling in a desperate attempt to keep his
> company afloat. Damn liberal meda!

Here in Detroit they've been fawning over this guy for the last day.

Old March 22nd 05, 05:55 PM
The Office Jet

What sort of news coverage has he been getting in Detroit?

Old March 22nd 05, 08:48 PM
L Sternn

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:15:37 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>An interesting side note: The KTLA Morning News mentions that he was
>slated to become president of GM, that he was the Father of the GTO,
>and that he started DeLorean Motor Company, but not a peep about how
>he turned to cocaine smuggling in a desperate attempt to keep his
>company afloat.

If you'll recall, he was acquitted because it was determined that the
gov't resorted to entrapment.

> Damn liberal meda!

Was DeLorean a liberal? I don't recall him being political at all.
Old March 23rd 05, 03:57 PM
The Office Jet

>In other words, he got off on a technicality, not because he was
>innocent of the charges.

Did he get off entirely or did any charges stick? I mean, was he ever
found guilty of any lesser charge than the primary one?

Old March 23rd 05, 07:44 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:48:29 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:15:37 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:
>>
>>>An interesting side note: The KTLA Morning News mentions that he was
>>>slated to become president of GM, that he was the Father of the GTO,
>>>and that he started DeLorean Motor Company, but not a peep about how
>>>he turned to cocaine smuggling in a desperate attempt to keep his
>>>company afloat.

>>If you'll recall, he was acquitted because it was determined that the
>>gov't resorted to entrapment.

>In other words, he got off on a technicality, not because he was
>innocent of the charges.

Nope; he wasn't involved in cocaine smuggling, because the government
was merely buying drugs from itself through him. No smuggling nthere.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 23rd 05, 08:23 PM
L Sternn

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:50:52 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:48:29 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:15:37 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:
>>
>>>An interesting side note: The KTLA Morning News mentions that he was
>>>slated to become president of GM, that he was the Father of the GTO,
>>>and that he started DeLorean Motor Company, but not a peep about how
>>>he turned to cocaine smuggling in a desperate attempt to keep his
>>>company afloat.

>>If you'll recall, he was acquitted because it was determined that the
>>gov't resorted to entrapment.

>In other words, he got off on a technicality, not because he was
>innocent of the charges.

Nope - that's not a technicality.

He was in fact innocent.
Old March 24th 05, 02:29 PM
Big Bill

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:16:43 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>>In other words, he got off on a technicality, not because he was
>>>innocent of the charges.

>>Nope - that's not a technicality.
>>
>>He was in fact innocent.

>So is OJ.

And you really have to admire OJ, as he tirelessly searches golf
courses for the real killer!

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 25th 05, 04:15 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> [...]

Nobody can withstand the force of the government if it decides you need
to be smacked down. It HAS to follow all the rules, no matter how
"technical" they might be. That's what judges and juries are for.

> >>So is OJ.

> >And you really have to admire OJ, as he tirelessly searches golf
> >courses for the real killer!

Never can tell when you'll find some of those razor sharp golf-balls.
You know, the ones like ninja throwing stars except you hit them with a
golf club. Then it's just a simple matter of back-tracking.

> He's also tirelessly searching for ways to dodge that civil judgement
> the Brown family won against him.

Did the guy's dad ever get to smash OJ's football trophy?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old March 28th 05, 02:53 AM
John David Galt

>> If you'll recall, he was acquitted because it was determined that the
>> gov't resorted to entrapment.

> In other words, he got off on a technicality, not because he was
> innocent of the charges.

Entrapment means the crime would not have occurred without the police
(or their paid informants) providing truly extraordinary temptation.
It's awfully hard to convince a judge and jury of that, so if they
believe it, I believe it too.