TrackIR

Old February 28th 05, 02:39 PM
Larry

What is TrackIR ?

-Larry

. ..

Old February 28th 05, 02:40 PM
Larry

I saw references to it in the NSR files too.

Now, if only I knew what TrackIR was

-Larry

Old February 28th 05, 03:08 PM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:caFUd.24026$7z6.20470@lakeread04:

> What is TrackIR ?
>
> -Larry

It's a little device that sits on your monitor and beams 3d images of
naked chicks into your head....naw...really look at this..google is your
friend.

http://www.tech-pc.co.uk/trackir-1.php

dave henrie
Old February 28th 05, 05:37 PM
Michael R Sisson

In article <caFUd.24026$7z6.20470@lakeread04>, says...
> What is TrackIR ?
>
> -Larry

What is Google?

MRSisson
--
LOAD "GPL",8

SEARCHING FOR GPL
READY.
RUN
Old March 1st 05, 04:33 AM
Tiny Lund

"What is Track IR?"

There are some great videos of it in use here
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/. Was thinking of one for GTR, which in
the International release will have support for the vector expansion.

Old March 1st 05, 06:17 AM
pw

>pw schrieb:

>>>One of my main questions is how the TrackIR receives it's power. From a
>>>wall outlet or thru USB? If thru USB, will it work through a USB Hub?

>> NaturalPoint doesn't recommend using a USB hub, but I am using mine
>> with a powered USB 2.0 Hub and it works great. Yes, it's powered by
>> the USB port.
>>
>> I have only tried it in Pacific Fighters and MS FS 2004, no racing
>> sims yet. If I can finally figure out how to get my MS SWFF wheel
>> working again, I will try it with NR2004 and will definitely purchase
>> the new EA one (and perhaps a MOMO wheel).
>>
>> I have the TrackIR 3 Pro with the Vector expansion.
>>

>> -pw
>> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
>> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

>Hi
>
>some friends of mine are playing Pacifc Fighters with TrackIR (GTR too)
>and like it. I asked them, if I should buy TrackIR for GTR.
>They said, for GTR it is not so important than for flightsims.
>I think the news for our german GTR patch is Vector Ep.
>Looking left or right while driving 250 km/h is very annoying.
>
>Michael

I understand how it could be annoying! In fact, I don't think the
NASCAR drivers can actually turn their heads much, so it won't be very
realistic.

Old March 1st 05, 06:20 AM
pw

>pw wrote:

>>> One of my main questions is how the TrackIR receives it's power.
>>> From a wall outlet or thru USB? If thru USB, will it work through a
>>> USB Hub?

>> NaturalPoint doesn't recommend using a USB hub, but I am using mine
>> with a powered USB 2.0 Hub and it works great. Yes, it's powered by
>> the USB port.
>>
>> I have only tried it in Pacific Fighters and MS FS 2004, no racing
>> sims yet. If I can finally figure out how to get my MS SWFF wheel
>> working again, I will try it with NR2004 and will definitely purchase
>> the new EA one (and perhaps a MOMO wheel).
>>
>> I have the TrackIR 3 Pro with the Vector expansion.

>I have the TrackIR3 Pro as well, and for flight simming I could not go
>without it now. Since getting back into flight sims my racing time has all
>but come to a halt, I do want to load up F1CS since it has support for it
>and see how I like it with it.
>
>I too use mine through a powered usb 2.0 hub with no issues.

Wouldn't TrackIR be fun with action games such as Battlefield 1942,
Half-life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, etc?.... Probably games I don't
play like the Tom Clancy games?

Old March 1st 05, 06:21 AM
pw

www.naturalpoint.com

Old March 1st 05, 06:48 AM
RodP

In article >,
pw says...

> Wouldn't TrackIR be fun with action games such as Battlefield 1942,
> Half-life 2, Chronicles of Riddick, etc?.... Probably games I don't
> play like the Tom Clancy games?

No, it'd make aiming almost impossible. It's only good for games
where it helps to change your view to get a better perception of
your surroundings. Flight and race sims being the two main ones.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old March 1st 05, 05:05 PM
Mitch_A

pw wrote:

>>> NaturalPoint doesn't recommend using a USB hub, but I am using mine
>>> with a powered USB 2.0 Hub and it works great. Yes, it's powered by
>>> the USB port.
>>>
>>> I have only tried it in Pacific Fighters and MS FS 2004, no racing
>>> sims yet. If I can finally figure out how to get my MS SWFF wheel
>>> working again, I will try it with NR2004 and will definitely purchase
>>> the new EA one (and perhaps a MOMO wheel).
>>>
>>> I have the TrackIR 3 Pro with the Vector expansion.
>>>

>>> -pw
>>> remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
>>> (use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

>>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
>>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
>>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

>>Hi
>>
>>some friends of mine are playing Pacifc Fighters with TrackIR (GTR too)
>>and like it. I asked them, if I should buy TrackIR for GTR.
>>They said, for GTR it is not so important than for flightsims.
>>I think the news for our german GTR patch is Vector Ep.
>>Looking left or right while driving 250 km/h is very annoying.
>>
>>Michael

> I understand how it could be annoying! In fact, I don't think the
> NASCAR drivers can actually turn their heads much, so it won't be very
> realistic.

They may not be able to turn their head MUCH but remember they still have
peripheral vision, which we dont have and the TIR makes up for.

This peripheral takes some getting used to but it really adds to the realism
and gets a thumbs up by me even for racing Sims.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a