Brake Assist in 2008 Accord

Old December 22nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default Brake Assist in 2008 Accord

Hi everyone,

Well I had a chance to test the Brake Assist today and not by choice. I was
driving on the highway at around 50 mph when this doofus in front of all the
cars decided going 25 mph was suitable for Interstate Highway driving.

I happened to look up and saw the car in front of me getting too close too
fast so I jammed on the brakes. I have to say that i think I almost lost
conciousness for a brief moment, because of the force of the blood moving in
me maybe. I heard kind of like a buzzing sound and a sound that sounded like
a car downshifting fast. I think that was the ABS and VSA kicking in.
Amazingly this car braked from about 50 mph to 20 mph in record length and
stayed straight as well. The highway was mildly wet in some areas, but this
car really stayed under control. I was impressed. Once I looked up again
(after my blood was normal again) I was amazed that I didnt hit anything.

So yes, that was pretty incredible! I just hope the fast braking doesn't
hurt the brakes. I did hear a slight tire screech from my car at this time,
but the TPMS and everything else looked to show that everything was normal
after this, and the car drove normally.

Anyone have any input on that affecting ones brakes at all or the life of
them significantly? I would think not, but just wondering.

Thanks,
Al

2008 Accord alfred[_3_] Honda 53 December 10th 07 03:41 PM
2008 Accord EX-L Sedan alfred[_3_] Honda 12 December 4th 07 08:11 PM
2008 Honda Accord [email protected] Honda 1 September 23rd 07 02:51 AM
2008 Accord Coupe [email protected] Honda 8 August 3rd 07 06:22 AM
diference between brake assist and VSA? harry Honda 4 March 16th 06 03:54 AM