RealFeel rFactor FF Plugin Info

Old June 29th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default RealFeel rFactor FF Plugin Info

I was sending this to a friend, and thought some people here might
appreciate it. I really like this new FF plugin and can't imagine
going back to stock rFactor FF:

**********************
Download the latest version (0.81 I think) at rfactorcentral. Drop
the .dll file in your /rfactor/plugins directory. The first time you
run rfactor with the plugin it will create a realfeel.ini text file in
the main rfactor directory.

Each time you load a new mod, a new entry will be made in the INI
file. Here is what I ended up with for the Le Mans VOR mod:

[LMP1]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1100.000000
SteeringDamper=1100.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000

Notice the MaxForce setting is negative. Do this and you can leave
the strength setting in the rfactor FF menu set to negative. Then you
can switch back and forth between realfeel and rfactor FF and both
will work.

I like to always keep the MaxForce and the SteeringDamper settings
equal. This gives you the rawest feedback at the steering wheel.
Lowering the values give *stronger* feedback. Raising the values
gives weaker feedback.

The steering damper setting smooths out or amplifies the MaxForce
signal. IIRC raising the damper value will smooth out the response,
while lowering the value amplifies the response. Like I said, I think
the feedback is best when two values are equal. Then the steering
wheel is responding directly to the torque from the steering arms.

The Le Mans mod has weak force compared to a lot of other mods. On
most mods I seem to end up around 1500. On most mods I seem to end up
around 1500. You can set separate values for each individual mod in
the INI file.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old June 29th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Jun 29, 12:27 am, wrote:
> Notice the MaxForce setting is negative. Do this and you can leave
> the strength setting in the rfactor FF menu set to negative. Then you
> can switch back and forth between realfeel and rfactor FF and both
> will work.

BTW, this is in the context of a G25 wheel, which needs the negative
strength number...

Pat Dotson