Mclaren's Simulator

Old June 19th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
cowoffunk

Default Mclaren's Simulator

Apparently Lewis Hamilton spends alot of time in Mclaren's simulator
practicing the tracks. Is there any info about this sim? I guess its more
than just a fancy rFactor mod =)

Old June 19th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Jun 19, 4:42 am, "cowoffunk" > wrote:
> Apparently Lewis Hamilton spends alot of time in Mclaren's simulator
> practicing the tracks. Is there any info about this sim? I guess its more
> than just a fancy rFactor mod =)

It's in-house.

Old June 19th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave F

"cowoffunk" > wrote in message
> Apparently Lewis Hamilton spends alot of time in Mclaren's simulator
> practicing the tracks. Is there any info about this sim? I guess its more
> than just a fancy rFactor mod =)

I think we'd all like to see that simulator.

I do know that Vettel and Kubica use rFactor to run the F1 circuits, either
in the CTDP mod or the BMW F1 created by ISI.

--
David G Fisher

Old June 20th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Interview with Prost on Autosport.com:

>Prost also believes Hamilton, leading the championship by ten points after two consecutive wins, is benefiting from the time spent in McLaren's simulator.

"The simulator has reached an amazing perfection, it's even capable of
simulating weather conditions, the rain, the wet asphalt, everything,"
the Frenchman added.

"And Hamilton has worked with the simulator a lot more than Alonso,
and his driving style is very smooth, less rough than the Spaniard. I
think that's why for McLaren is easier to set up the car for
Hamilton's style."

Old June 20th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Jun 20, 5:28 am, "cowoffunk" > wrote:
> "==--==" > wrote in message

> > "Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> >news:memo.20070619210426.3912A@address_disguised. address_disguised...

> >> I wish he'd spend more time in front of the mirror shaving those silly
> >> sideburns. I really want to like the guy, but I can't get past that poncy
> >> facial hair.

> >> Still, at least it's more streamlined than Button's or Coulthard's. Their
> >> bumfluff has clearly slowed them down for years.

> >> Andrew McP

> >> PS I love the way Alonso sulks. He always did have a bottom lip made for
> >> pouting.

> > Yeah - damn right.....
> > I always measure a man's value by his facial hair, or by the length of his
> > hair/sideburns.

> That's why Fittipaldi was so good. Hell, everyone was just plain better in
> the 70's!
>
> John Bonham would have been **** if he shaved.

This theory translates to NASCAR, too. Dale Jarrett fell apart after
he shaved his 'tash.

simulator Jim C Simulators 5 May 15th 06 01:22 AM
Car simulator for networked PCs Roberto Divia Simulators 5 April 8th 06 08:23 AM
The best PC simulator? Diet Rich Simulators 12 May 27th 05 10:02 PM
OBD-II simulator DNW Technology 3 March 7th 05 03:05 PM
F1 Simulator: Pinball Peter George Simulators 0 December 15th 04 09:52 PM