Abandoned vehicle question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20th 04, 05:07 PM
Braukuche

Default Abandoned vehicle question

I live in So Cal and noticed recently a early Porsche (mid '50s model I
estimate) on the street which has now three parking tickets on it for expired
registration. I left a note on the car earlier this week that I would be
interested in buying the car, assuming that the owner must have lost interest
in it since the car is on the verge of being towed. The tickets and the note
are still on the car and none of the neighbors I have talked to know the owner,
though one guy mentioned he had seen the guy around before. I hate to see this
car towed away and then end up being auctioned off. Is there some sort of
loophole in the DMV code allowing someone to claim an abandoned car by posting
reg fees or something or is the car destined to go to the impound yard and then
to city-auction?
--Dan E