Meyers E47 snow plow problem

Old May 18th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Steve[_25_]

Default Meyers E47 snow plow problem

Hello,

I have a very old (1980's) Meyers E47 model snow plow mounted on an
old truck I keep to plow out at my shack. This past winter it did not
get used due to lack of snow in our area. Last weekend when I went to
move it for summer storage I saw that it will not angle to the RIGHT.
It raises and lowers fine and it went to the left when I toggled the
switch to the left but it kept going LEFT when I toggled the switch to
the RIGHT???? Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Steve

Old May 18th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Clay B Carley

I'm not a plow expert, however I have worked with hydraulics in the
past. Sounds like a stuck solenoid valve on the hydraulic manifold.
You may be able to free it tapping it with a hammer, however usually the
manifolds I've worked with are fairly delicate & should probably be gone
through. Like I said though, I'm no expert on plows at all, but lightly
tapping may help free the stuck valve.

Good luck!

Old May 19th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Fri, 18 May 2007 07:24:36 -0700, Clay B Carley >
wrote:

>I'm not a plow expert, however I have worked with hydraulics in the
>past. Sounds like a stuck solenoid valve on the hydraulic manifold.
>You may be able to free it tapping it with a hammer, however usually the
>manifolds I've worked with are fairly delicate & should probably be gone
>through. Like I said though, I'm no expert on plows at all, but lightly
>tapping may help free the stuck valve.

This guy is on the right track. SLow plows use a two partle spool
valvle to control oil flow and a thrid part the switch to control the
power to it. You will have varify is power it present at coil over
spool valve in question (coil slides over it and is easily
replaceable) and if it is good, then spool valve in clogged or stuck.
If stuck it is usually from rust of grit the results for improper
service og unit. At link below you can find online info on Meyer plows
including on line service manuals.

http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t=22
TheSnoMan.com

Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1970 Meyers Manx Dune Buggy Built by David Van de Grift Signage (H Ford Museum) N.jpg 168522 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:55 PM
Repost for those who missed them 1st time: 1970 Meyers Manx Dune Buggy Built by David Van de Grift fsvr (H Ford Museum) N.jpg 330424 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 12:55 PM
plow for an 04 TJ jeeps Jeep 3 November 18th 06 08:51 PM
plow for an 04 TJ Coasty[_1_] Jeep 0 November 16th 06 11:15 AM
Snow Plow for 2005 Wrangler Unlimited ? EG Jeep 2 October 5th 05 02:15 AM