Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__ isubtob

Old November 11th 04, 01:31 AM
Peter

In article >,
says...
> On 10 Nov 2004 06:35:49 -0800,
(Mark)
> wrote:
>
> >Beating the crap out of a country will surely win you a load of
> >friends in that area though. Let's say it *IS* all about 9/11 - They
> >hit you, you hit them back. You really think it'll stop there?

> And the alternative is....? Do nothing as they continue to kill
> thousands more of my countrymen?

Where'd you pull that number from. No wonder you're so concerned if
your government has you believing that kind of stuff. Apart from 9/11,
how many US nationals have actually been killed in Al Qaeda attacks
exactly?
--
Pete Ives
Old November 11th 04, 01:49 AM
Dave Henrie

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

>> DGF gets this right, I think. "Hello folks, US here. For your own
>> good here we come to bulldoze your town. You've been warned. Make
>> way."

> Maybe Douglas Adams just got the name of the race wrong when he
> decided to call them "Vogons"? How good is American poetry, anyway? ;-)
>
> I've said before I wouldn't comment on this issue anymore, but it's
> just too tempting to end up the alt.humor.best-of-usenet hall of fame
> some day. Maybe we should all just get back to racing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> uwe

Uwe, I'm suprised. Of course America has good poets. One of my
favorites is Dusty Hill or Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top...(I never know who
wrote what...) However, this couplet proves beyond all doubt that America
is rich with poets....

Oh, I want her.
****, I've got to have her.

aaahhhh doesn't that just satisfy the soul?
dave henrie
Old November 11th 04, 09:20 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:49:54 -0600, Dave Henrie wrote:

> Uwe, I'm suprised. Of course America has good poets. One of my
> favorites is Dusty Hill or Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top...(I never know who
> wrote what...) However, this couplet proves beyond all doubt that America
> is rich with poets....
>
> Oh, I want her.
> ****, I've got to have her.
>
> aaahhhh doesn't that just satisfy the soul?

Dave, you're right. Heart-wrenching, emotional stuff. How I could
possible have missed ZZ Top is beyond me. "She got legs / she knows
how to use'em" is another classic. ;^)

cheers, uwe

--
mail replies to Uwe at schuerkamp dot de ( yahoo address is spambox)
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Old November 11th 04, 11:53 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 11 Nov 2004 02:28:48 -0800, Mark wrote:
> Dave Henrie > wrote in message .97.136>...
>
> Man, how much simpler would things be if we were a world of atheists.

Not really, all you need are religions that don't turn spreading
themselves to the "heathens" and "infidels" into a holy duty of the
believer. That's why the major world religions are so
"successful". (much like a virus is to be considered successful, until
it finally kills its host organism).

Forcing our cultural vision onto others is a major asset of our global
taker culture, be you muslim or be you christian or whatever, at the
root there's the common belief that we know the way man is supposed to
live.

Cheers,

uwe

Old November 11th 04, 06:03 PM
Dave Henrie

Uwe =?iso-8859-15?Q?Sch=FCrkamp?= > wrote in
:

> Forcing our cultural vision onto others is a major asset of our global
> taker culture, be you muslim or be you christian or whatever, at the
> root there's the common belief that we know the way man is supposed to
> live.
>
> Cheers,
>
> uwe

Isn't that what we Cockpit Nazi's do everyday?
(zinnng! back on topic!) hehehe

dh
Old November 11th 04, 07:29 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:03:50 -0600, Dave Henrie wrote:
> Isn't that what we Cockpit Nazi's do everyday?
> (zinnng! back on topic!) hehehe

Hey Dave, stop hijacking my thread now!!! (c8

All the best,

uwe

Old November 11th 04, 10:17 PM
TW

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:57:50 -0500, "David G Fisher" >
wrote:

>> We lost nearly 3000 on 9/11/01. I think that backs up my statement.

>No, we didn't. A lot of them weren't Americans. Don't know why American like
>to continually claim all the dead as Americans. Maybe because they don't
>want to recognize that we are the only country that went nuts in response to
>what happened?

Excuse me. We lost nearly 3000 souls on 9/11.....on American soil. I
don't give a rats ass where they called home or what nationality they
were.
Old November 12th 04, 11:15 AM
Mark

Uwe Schürkamp > wrote in message >...

> Not really, all you need are religions that don't turn spreading
> themselves to the "heathens" and "infidels" into a holy duty of the
> believer. That's why the major world religions are so
> "successful". (much like a virus is to be considered successful, until
> it finally kills its host organism).

I suppose that's about as likely as my faithless world

> Forcing our cultural vision onto others is a major asset of our global
> taker culture, be you muslim or be you christian or whatever, at the
> root there's the common belief that we know the way man is supposed to
> live.

As it happens, I *do* know the way man is supposed to live, so
there!!!

Wanna know?

"Be excellent to each other"

Of all people, *George Clooney* (!!) summarised my feelings
brilliantly.
"I don't believe in happy endings - either you die young or you live
to see those you love die. I believe in happy travels..."

A tad nihilistic, perhaps, but as good a code as any