2001 CRV Died, Won't Start Now

Old October 5th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
B-Worthey

Default 2001 CRV Died, Won't Start Now

Hello group! I've been reading on some boards here trying to diagnose a
problem. I was driving to church tonight in my 2001 Honda CR-V and it just
went dead while driving down the road. I noticed it was like it lost power
and I pressed the gas pedal and noticed that it was not responding. It may
have just went dead. I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to
start it. It would not start, it was turning over, was not sluggish or
anything, just would not start. I added some gas to it thinking that maybe
it was low and my gas gauge had quit working, but it still did the same
thing. When I would turn the key to try and start it, the oil light and
battery light would be on, but not really any others. Those may be th eonly
ones that come on when you start it, of course at this point I don't
remember. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

B-Worthey

Old October 5th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"B-Worthey" > wrote in
:

> Hello group! I've been reading on some boards here trying to diagnose
> a problem. I was driving to church tonight in my 2001 Honda CR-V and
> it just went dead while driving down the road. I noticed it was like
> it lost power and I pressed the gas pedal and noticed that it was not
> responding. It may have just went dead. I pulled off to the side of
> the road and tried to start it. It would not start, it was turning
> over, was not sluggish or anything, just would not start. I added
> some gas to it thinking that maybe it was low and my gas gauge had
> quit working, but it still did the same thing. When I would turn the
> key to try and start it, the oil light and battery light would be on,
> but not really any others. Those may be th eonly ones that come on
> when you start it, of course at this point I don't remember. Any
> ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> B-Worthey

Did the speedometer and/or radio quit? Did any of the dash lights come on
bafore it died?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 5th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
B-Worthey

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message

> Did the speedometer and/or radio quit? Did any of the dash lights come on
> bafore it died?

Not that I'm aware of. I say that because I am not exactly sure when it did
die. I was driving with my windows down because my a/c is also out, but the
oil light and battery light did come on when I noticed something was wrong.
I did not have the radio on at the time either. Others have asked about the
timing belt, but it was replaced recently, so I don't know.

Old October 5th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

"B-Worthey" > wrote in
:

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>>
>> Did the speedometer and/or radio quit? Did any of the dash lights
>> come on bafore it died?

> Not that I'm aware of. I say that because I am not exactly sure when
> it did die. I was driving with my windows down because my a/c is also
> out, but the oil light and battery light did come on when I noticed
> something was wrong. I did not have the radio on at the time either.
> Others have asked about the timing belt, but it was replaced recently,
> so I don't know.

Have your alternator (and battery) checked. These are known trouble spots
with the CR-V.

Old October 6th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
B-Worthey

"B-Worthey" > wrote in message
.. .

Got it to my mechanic today, it was the distributor, it was shorting out.
Got it replaced, running fine now! Thanks for all the help!

B-Worthey