Getting a trailer hitch (lw300)

Old April 29th 05, 01:21 PM
Oppie

Default Getting a trailer hitch (lw300)

Has anybody had experience with adding a trailer hitch to a L series?

I was looking on www.etrailer.com and saw that they had listed three hitches
(all class 1) for our 2001 LW300.
http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp...Saturn&t1=&h=e
They were the 'Hidden hitch', Draw-Tite' and 'Valley' manufacturers. I'm
leaning toward the 'hidden hitch' for the way it mounts. The valley hitch
looks to be a slightly heavier duty but I'm not sure that I like that it
mounts to the rear of the spare tire well rather than the bottom of the well
as most other hitches do.

Both the hidden and valley hitches come with a drawbar (with draw-tite it is
optional).
I was also planning to get the cargo carrier that pops into the hitch.
Should be good for throwing a couple of garbage cans on for those otherwise
troublesome trips to the dump.
The main purpose for the hitch is to tow a boat trailer (1500 lb jet boat).

Thanks for any recommendations - Oppie