1994 Explorer 4 door

Old December 27th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Steve[_56_]

Default 1994 Explorer 4 door

I need to find the left side quarter panel to get to the door lock mod to
reprogram the keyless entry. I'm not sure were the left side quarter panel
is

Old December 28th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:20:17 -0800, "Steve" >
wrote:

>I need to find the left side quarter panel to get to the door lock mod to
>reprogram the keyless entry. I'm not sure were the left side quarter panel
>is

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about the module
you are looking for is in the inside rear panel near the jack storage.
I didn't think they could be reprogrammed. I thought all you could do
was look at the module (with a flashlight) and read the code off the
outside of it.
Old December 28th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bill Rubino

If memory serves me correctly, you may need a mirror as well to see it. It
can be reprogrammed, the instructions are in the manual, and you do it via
the radio..again if memory serves me correctly

Old December 28th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
dicko

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:01:56 GMT, "Bill Rubino"
> wrote:

>If memory serves me correctly, you may need a mirror as well to see it. It
>can be reprogrammed, the instructions are in the manual, and you do it via
>the radio..again if memory serves me correctly
>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:20:17 -0800, "Steve" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I need to find the left side quarter panel to get to the door lock mod to
>>>reprogram the keyless entry. I'm not sure were the left side quarter panel
>>>is
>>>

>> If you are talking about what I think you are talking about the module
>> you are looking for is in the inside rear panel near the jack storage.
>> I didn't think they could be reprogrammed. I thought all you could do
>> was look at the module (with a flashlight) and read the code off the
>> outside of it.

I wasnt aware that a 94 Explorer had keyless (keypad) entry. In 94
the keyless remote was a dealer add on and if thats true, the module
is located next to the driver's left foot under the side kick panel.
At least thats where it was on mine. And it only had remote entry, not
keypad entry.

Old January 7th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ulysses

On Dec 28 2008, 2:54*pm, dicko > wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:01:56 GMT, "Bill Rubino"
>

> > wrote:
> >If memory serves me correctly, you may need a mirror as well to see it. It
> >can be reprogrammed, the instructions are in the manual, and you do it via
> >the radio..again if memory serves me correctly
> >"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> If you are talking about what I think you are talking about the module
> >> you are looking for is in the inside rear panel near the jack storage.
> >> I didn't think they could be reprogrammed. *I thought all you could do
> >> was look at the module (with a flashlight) and read the code off the
> >> outside of it.

> I wasnt aware that a 94 Explorer had keyless (keypad) entry. *In 94
> the keyless remote was a dealer add on and if thats true, the module
> is located next to the driver's left foot under the side kick panel.
> At least thats where it was on mine. And it only had remote entry, not
> keypad entry.- Hide quoted text -

My thoughts almost exactly, except it is on the passenger side (and
right foot), at least on my '92.