Rear Coil Spring Installation

Old August 29th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

Default Rear Coil Spring Installation

Yo! As you may have read before my 88 5.0 has cut springs all around, yuck.
I bought a set of stock springs to slap in there. I have been reading up
online and have also read in my worthless Hayes manual on how to change out
the rear springs. It looks rediculously easy, yet I have managed to make it
hard :-)

Anyways, take a look at my two pictures:
http://tgaraid.com/images/rear1.jpg
http://tgaraid.com/images/rear2.jpg

I have the car jacked up with a jack that you cannot see in the picture. I
have also placed jack 1 and jack 2 in locations, not being for sure where
they need to be. I also have a couple different coil compressors and strut
compressors. In one of the pictures you can see that I have a compressor on
the spring, but it is not tight, its just there for the moment.

My questions is do I need jack1 and jack2 in their current locations and is
the bolt labeled bolt the one that needs to come out? I have beat the FIRE
out of that bolt with a opened end wrench and with a socket wrench and
cannot get it to budge. My impact wrench will not fit up in there. My
guess is that I dont have the right peices jacked up to the right height.
Any info or sites with pictures and instructions is appretiated!

Thanks!