More power (97 dodge ram 360)

Old May 27th 04, 03:27 AM
Samr Jm2003

Default More power (97 dodge ram 360)

I own a 97 Dodge Ram with a 5.9L(360).The truck has 75000 miles on it
and i'm looking to get a little more power out of it.What is everyone's
opinion on those tuning computers availiable on the market?I'm hearing
that they retail for roughly 400.00 dollars or so?By turning it up(horse
power),Am i running the risk of hurting the motor?

Old May 27th 04, 04:57 AM
CHChammer

>I own a 97 Dodge Ram with a 5.9L(360).The truck has 75000 miles on it
>and i'm looking to get a little more power out of it.What is everyone's
>opinion on those tuning computers availiable on the market?I'm hearing
>that they retail for roughly 400.00 dollars or so?By turning it up(horse
>power),Am i running the risk of hurting the motor?

I have the Hypertech for a 2002 Dodge 4x4 with the 360. (5.9 gas) It did seem
to help a little, but not a lot. I have not tried the 91 octane setting yet, as
I have not had time to put a cooler running thermostat in. Hopefully, that will
be a big improvement.... I'll let you know when I try it.

Cliff

Old May 27th 04, 04:57 AM
CHChammer

Old May 27th 04, 12:02 PM
James BIGFOOT Holloway

any performance gain in a engine will as you say HURT it, it does very much
depend on how much u go up by ie will u go up by say 100 BHP then it will
not need as much looking after than if u went up by 500bhp. It will really
depend on how u drive the truck, if u drive it in a normal way then there
should be no reason y it will not last as long as it would if you had not
tunred it up.

Hope this helps

Old May 27th 04, 12:02 PM
James BIGFOOT Holloway