A3 Juddering at a stand-still

Old November 29th 04, 06:49 PM
Ralphy

Default A3 Juddering at a stand-still

Hi

I've had a new A3 2.0 FSI since September last year and around July this
year it developed a fault where the car judders. This is more evident when
sat a stand-still with the air-con on LO. The revs go up and down with the
engine nearly stalling at points and the car judders that much all the
occupants are shaken around.

The car has been in and out of the garage now for nearly six months with
various modified parts being installed on the car but it's not resolved the
problem fully. Various technicians have looked at the car and all of them
agree there is a problem but no of them including Audi Technical UK! The
North Area Manager has driven the car and has now said this is a
characteristic of the car and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this
problem? I would be interested from everyone who has the 2.0 FSI even if
the response is no it does not affect my car. I am currently building up a
case and will be contacting a solicitor very soon so any feedback would be
much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Old November 29th 04, 09:09 PM
Michael Burman

Ralphy wrote:
> characteristic of the car and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this
> problem? I would be interested from everyone who has the 2.0 FSI even if
> the response is no it does not affect my car. I am currently building up a
> case and will be contacting a solicitor very soon so any feedback would be
> much appreciated.

ömm, mm. No. Not that bad. I had small juddering, but it was nearly
impossible to notice, and never did the engineers notice it. Oh well,
anyway it has stopped now.

Personally I have a problem that it eats a lot of oil, and now they
apparently found some sort of problem from oil-sensors etc, but they
haven't located the reason yet. I'm taking my car to the dealer for a
fix just before Christmas, so I can't help yet.

Anyway, doesn't sound normal.

- Yak
Old November 29th 04, 09:47 PM
Ralphy

My car had the same fault too. They never did tell me exactly how they
repaired the car but I believe it was a replacement manifold or cylinder
head that was leaking oil on to the sparkplugs.