Water pump woes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st 05, 01:13 AM
egalas

Default Water pump woes

My 1989 GXL engine, replaced with factory rebuild at 108,000 went belly
up(june 20, 2005) on the freeway due to water pump failure ansubsequent
overheat before I could safely stop.
The garage elected to retain the original WP at the time of the swap (Feb
2002), which I agrred to with reluctance at thae time.

Do I have any recourse to get the engine replaced or repaired for free?
The WP was ok at that time, but other mechanics say the Wp should ALWAYS
be replaced at swap time.

Now, at age 73, retired on Social Security, I have no car, and after
spending over $9,000 with that garage since 2002 to keep it in good shape,
I'm feeling really cheated.

Waht do you think? Wouldl a small claims judge think I have a case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Identifying Cabriolet replacement water pump Johnnie VW water cooled 5 April 4th 05 04:49 PM
Timing belt / water pump mpet500 Honda 15 March 16th 05 04:18 PM
VW Jetta 2.0L Water Pump [email protected] VW water cooled 3 February 3rd 05 02:57 AM
E34 water pump Alex BMW 1 November 24th 04 11:20 PM
Preventative Water Pump Replacement on 1.8T Engine? Don Borowski Audi 3 June 14th 04 03:49 PM