One dim headlight....Please Help!

Old April 27th 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default One dim headlight....Please Help!

I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy L with a very dim right headlight. I have
replaced both bulbs, cleaned all the grounds I CAN FIND on that side of
the car with a wire brush. Both bulb sockets are putting out 12 volts.
When I put the high beams on the dim bulb dosen't get brighter and the
high beam indicator dosent come on.

Can anyone tell me why one is dimmer and what I can do to fix it?

Does anyone know where I can find the ground for the headlight?

Thanks for everyones' help. -John

Old April 27th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Even though you may read 12-14V at the socket with no bulb present...
that doesn't mean everything is good. You may have a bad connection in
the power circuit when the load (bulb) is present and drawing current.
With the bulb operating... what voltage do read at the bulb? If you
still read 12-14V with the bulb operating... then you have a grounding
issue. If the voltage is way down with the bulb in... then you have a
bad connection in the power lead... and you should start investigating
connectors in that circuit. Hope that helps...

telstar-electronics.com

Old April 29th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

you might ohm out all the wires for both head lights with the bulbs out
- from the sockets, and compare the ohmic value

between the two, if too different - then start looking at the
conductor(s) with the lower value(s).

mho
vƒe

>double dog dare you, sound familiar?

>to reduce your driving by *-**10%.

2002 caravan headlight trouble west kentucky Dodge 4 December 16th 05 02:38 PM
headlight clip [email protected] Honda 0 September 26th 05 03:24 PM
1996 Explorer XLT AWD headlight replacement To Arms!! Ford Explorer 16 September 23rd 05 10:54 PM
Bad Headlight Relay? Lynn Martin VW air cooled 1 May 12th 05 10:57 PM
Collision damage to aluminum hood + headlight assembly shattered y_p_w Technology 24 December 15th 04 01:22 AM