Sloth Coaster Gets His Come-Uppance

Old July 21st 05, 05:43 PM
Ulf

Robert Briggs wrote:
> Ulf wrote:
>
>>The only good thing about it was that I was working, so at
>>least I was paid for waiting, but I was still ****ed. And
>>there's only so much you can do when you have your company's
>>logo on the doors...

> Even if it's the logo of a breaker's yard or other outfit that
> runs tow trucks?

Well, I do work for a recycling company. However, scrap metal doesn't
really pay enough by the ton to be worth all the hassle from the car
owner... :-)

Ulf
Old July 21st 05, 05:46 PM
Ulf

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> Ulf <to.e-mail.see@homepage> wrote:
>
>>I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
>>blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
>>move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
>>thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
>>waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
>>when you have your company's logo on the doors...

> Now this is a perfect example of where taking the law into your own
> hands is perfectly appropriate. The asshole should have found his car on
> its side when he came out. Or someone should have mugged him for his
> keys.

Too bad you weren't there...

Ulf
Old July 21st 05, 06:02 PM
N8N

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> Ulf <to.e-mail.see@homepage> wrote:
> >
> >I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
> >blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
> >move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
> >thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
> >waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
> >when you have your company's logo on the doors...

> Now this is a perfect example of where taking the law into your own
> hands is perfectly appropriate. The asshole should have found his car on
> its side when he came out. Or someone should have mugged him for his
> keys.

No need to get that drastic, just get 8-10 strong guys to pick it up
and set it on the sidewalk. Preferably in such a manner that it can't
be driven without being picked up and moved again. Then call the cops
to come get it.

nate

Old July 21st 05, 06:57 PM
Ted B.

> No need to get that drastic, just get 8-10 strong guys to pick it up
> and set it on the sidewalk. Preferably in such a manner that it can't
> be driven without being picked up and moved again. Then call the cops
> to come get it.
>
> nate

Several years ago, I had a parking spot assigned at work with my name
clearly marked in a HUGE sign that nobody could miss, and also marked
violators will be towed. I came back from my lunch break to find a minivan
parked in my spot, with the center of the front bumper of the minivan about
6" from the post that held the sign with my name on it. On one side of my
spot was grass, the other side was another parking spot. I carefully backed
up behind my parking spot so that the rear passenger side of my vehicle was
about a centimeter off the asshole's rear bumper. That is, the entire rear
of the minivan was blocked by the passenger side of my vehicle, and the
front of my vehicle was partially in the grassy area. The only vehicle I
blocked in was the vehicle that was parked in my spot.

I figured eventually I'd get a phone call, as someone would want to move
their vehicle. A few hours later when I left work, the minivan was GONE.
The sign with my name on it was still firmly cemented into the ground. My
car had not been moved, and was undamaged. I wish I'd have left a video
camera running, as it was a fricking miracle that the minivan was able to
get out of there without damaging SOMETHING. The only thing I can think of
is that it must have moved sideways somehow, into the grassy area, to get
out of there. He did NOT have room to maneuver forward and backward. -Dave

Old July 22nd 05, 02:07 AM
Harry K

Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article . com>,
> Dave > wrote:
> >

> >Since the truck's towing capacity was about double the Toyota's weight,
> >the driver slowly started pushing the Toyota (parking brakes be
> >damned!) until it's owner realized the driver wasn't joking and decided
> >it would be smart to get it out of the exit.

> Perfect.
>
> >The Toyota owner threatened to call the cops, but everyone else waiting
> >(as well as an employee who came out to see what happened) were eager
> >to be the driver's alabi. Nobody saw nothing, and everyone else was
> >free to leave. (Names have been changed, but you get the idea.)

> If he had called the cops, first thing they'd do after hearing the story
> is probably write him a ticket for something...

Delay of donut maybe??

Harry K

Old July 22nd 05, 04:59 AM
Pooh Bear

Ulf wrote:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > While driving my pickup truck to the hardware store yesterday, I got
> > temporarily stuck behind a Sloth Coaster driving an SUV. The posted

> I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
> blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
> move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
> thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
> waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
> when you have your company's logo on the doors...

Since it was a hardware store why didn't someone go inside, buy some paint
stripper and pour it over the moron's car ?

Graham

Old July 22nd 05, 03:34 PM
N8N

Ted B. wrote:
> > No need to get that drastic, just get 8-10 strong guys to pick it up
> > and set it on the sidewalk. Preferably in such a manner that it can't
> > be driven without being picked up and moved again. Then call the cops
> > to come get it.
> >
> > nate
> >

> Several years ago, I had a parking spot assigned at work with my name
> clearly marked in a HUGE sign that nobody could miss, and also marked
> violators will be towed. I came back from my lunch break to find a minivan
> parked in my spot, with the center of the front bumper of the minivan about
> 6" from the post that held the sign with my name on it. On one side of my
> spot was grass, the other side was another parking spot. I carefully backed
> up behind my parking spot so that the rear passenger side of my vehicle was
> about a centimeter off the asshole's rear bumper. That is, the entire rear
> of the minivan was blocked by the passenger side of my vehicle, and the
> front of my vehicle was partially in the grassy area. The only vehicle I
> blocked in was the vehicle that was parked in my spot.
>
> I figured eventually I'd get a phone call, as someone would want to move
> their vehicle. A few hours later when I left work, the minivan was GONE.
> The sign with my name on it was still firmly cemented into the ground. My
> car had not been moved, and was undamaged. I wish I'd have left a video
> camera running, as it was a fricking miracle that the minivan was able to
> get out of there without damaging SOMETHING. The only thing I can think of
> is that it must have moved sideways somehow, into the grassy area, to get
> out of there. He did NOT have room to maneuver forward and backward. -Dave

Was this a company car? (I assume that it may have been, since you
apparently had an assigned parking space.) If so someone else in your
office probably had keys to it, they may have moved it back exactly
where you left it just to make you scratch your head. I know I would
have (after giving minivan driver a good tongue lashing and making him
think that I wasn't actually going to move your car, just because I
didn't feel like it) just because I'm contrary like that

nate

Old July 22nd 05, 03:48 PM
Ted B.

> Was this a company car? (I assume that it may have been, since you
> apparently had an assigned parking space.) If so someone else in your
> office probably had keys to it, they may have moved it back exactly
> where you left it just to make you scratch your head. I know I would
> have (after giving minivan driver a good tongue lashing and making him
> think that I wasn't actually going to move your car, just because I
> didn't feel like it) just because I'm contrary like that
>
> nate

Nope, I was the only person within 50 miles that had the keys to it. Like I
said before, I wish I had a video camera running. That was some magic
trick. -Dave

Old July 22nd 05, 10:20 PM
Dave

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:

> >And there's only so much you can do
> >when you have your company's logo on the doors...

> That doesn't stop some morons.

Like the sloth limo driver who's boss wasn't happy to hear from a 3rd
party about incited road rage (that almost hit me swerving around said
limo.) People shouldn't MFFY with their boss' number on their car.

Dave

Old July 23rd 05, 02:36 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:57:24 -0400, "Ted B." >
wrote:

>Several years ago, I had a parking spot assigned at work with my name
>clearly marked in a HUGE sign that nobody could miss, and also marked
>violators will be towed. I came back from my lunch break to find a minivan
>parked in my spot, with the center of the front bumper of the minivan about
>6" from the post that held the sign with my name on it. On one side of my
>spot was grass, the other side was another parking spot. I carefully backed
>up behind my parking spot so that the rear passenger side of my vehicle was
>about a centimeter off the asshole's rear bumper.

Why didn't you just have the asshole towed?

Sloth Kills Two More Scott en Aztlán Driving 65 July 18th 05 01:26 PM
Sloth as a revenge tool/enablers Brent P Driving 11 May 1st 05 09:03 AM
SLoth. Brent P Driving 0 April 29th 05 02:13 AM
U-Turn Sloth and Enabler Alexander Rogge Driving 1 April 21st 05 02:52 AM
MFFY Sloth in minivan Alexander Rogge Driving 1 March 12th 05 07:20 PM