WINNABLE Gas War

Old May 20th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Jeff Gagnon

Default WINNABLE Gas War

GAS WAR??

a GAS WAR idea that WILL work覧覧>

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from
one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. *It's worthy
of*your consideration:

Join the resistance!* I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a
gallon by*summer and it might possibly go higher! *Want gasoline
prices to come down?* We need to take some intelligent, united
action.* Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH
MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was
going around earlier!*

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. *It was more of
an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

But whoever thought of THIS idea, has come up with a plan that can
really work.* Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. *Me too!
It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town.* Now that the
oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the
cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.....
not sellers.*

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to
take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down
is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And,
we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.*

How?*

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. *But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of 2007, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling
any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce
their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers.* It's really simple to do!

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this e-mail to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten
more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on... by the time the message reaches
the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers.*

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted!* If it goes one level
further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician. (But I am, so trust me on this one.) How long would all
that take?*

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of
receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within
the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
Acting together we can make a difference.* If this makes sense to you,
please pass this message on.*

I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES
TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

Old May 20th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Sun, 20 May 2007 09:10:11 -0400, (Jeff Gagnon)
wrote:

> [...]
>further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
>don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
>send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
>mathematician. (But I am, so trust me on this one.) How long would all
>that take?*
>
>If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of
>receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within
>the next 8 days!!!
>
>I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>Acting together we can make a difference.* If this makes sense to you,
>please pass this message on.*
>
>I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES

Nice pipe dream but they are here to stay. It will only get worse.
Part of the problem is the futures market that Reagan opened up in the
80's that adds a middle man in the deal that basically does nothing
but try to take a profit. It typically adds 10 to 15% to price and
more when they speculate and drive prices up. A big part of problem is
John Q. Public that thinks it is their right to have as much fuel as
possible and cheaply too. The average daily consumption of gas in US
in april was 891 million gallons a day!!! That is up over last year
too and it is not limitless. Maybe some Opec countries sell their
fuel cheap to their consumers but that is their right because they
produce the oil to begin with while we are importing a bit over 60% of
our oil needs abd grwoing. (by 2020 it is projected to be around 80%)
Untile John Q. Public changes their thrist for fuel and retires from
the SUV craze, it is not going to get better. Also at this point it
will only slow the rise of prices because price will go up to maintain
profits but then you can save today and tomorrow if you get about 30
MPG comutting instead of 15 or less. If you drive 15000 miles a year
it will save you 1500 a year at 3/gallon, more if you drive more and
over a 100K service life of vehcile, 10,000 bucks or more which is
not chump change.
TheSnoMan.com
Old May 20th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

if you were a mathamatician, you would realize that the cost of gas will
NEVER get below 2.00 a gallon due to the law of supply (short) and
demand(long)
and you will never get it.
old john

With best regards, . E-mail: