fuel readings 2000 c5

Old March 6th 05, 06:13 AM
tater

Default fuel readings 2000 c5

Hey All,
I am having trouble with my fuel gauge on my 2000 model. when it gets a
little below a half tank it drops to empty???
Has there been a recall on this?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Old March 6th 05, 12:37 PM
rogerc5

Old March 6th 05, 03:18 PM
SkyhawkXP

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:13:58 -0500, "tater" >
opined:

>Hey All,
>I am having trouble with my fuel gauge on my 2000 model. when it gets a
>little below a half tank it drops to empty???
> Has there been a recall on this?
> Thanks in advance
> Mike

No recall that I am aware of, but a known issue. Apparently the
sending unit is susceptible to dirt build up from certain fuels.
Sometimes a bottle of Techron through the system will clear it up,
sometimes changing gasoline brands takes care of it. BP, Mobil, and
Exxon have been known to cause this behavior.
--
SkyhawkXP
Seize the pleasures of the moment,
Old March 6th 05, 04:43 PM
Bob I

Several possibilities, most of them talked about here(link) different
solutions for various causes.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...=Fue l+sender

Old March 6th 05, 05:16 PM
Paul

Same problem over the last couple of years. Seemed to occur when the
oil companies switch seasonal blends. Gauge gets normal after a tank or
two of gas. Once it seemed OK after a shot of injector cleaner.

Paul

Old March 6th 05, 06:10 PM
tater

Thanks All!
Seems like I am not alone with this problem.
But I have lots of options to try.
Mike:-)

Old March 13th 05, 06:03 PM
localhost

Common problem. They replaced the sending units in my 98 coupe and it
started doing it again later and they replaced both tanks and sending units.
Fortunately it was done under warranty and hasn't been a problem since.
. ..

Old March 20th 05, 12:48 AM
george

I've a 2001 c5 and started having this problem also in the last few weeks,
also check engine light comes on for a few days then goes out then a few
days later starts again, related?

Old March 20th 05, 01:21 AM
Dad

"george" > wrote in message
news
> I've a 2001 c5 and started having this problem also in the last few
> weeks, also check engine light comes on for a few days then goes out then
> a few days later starts again, related?

May be, have you had the dealer re-program it for the new fuel formulation
and the cleaner run through it?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 23rd 05, 11:17 PM
george

have not been to the dealer yet, added a bottle of techron today, thought
I'd run it for a tankful and see if it improves, seems to be highly
recommended. now a nor'easter coming in so it'll take that much longer.
enough of winter already! is the reprogram needed?