First Ticket In My Vette

Old March 8th 05, 01:38 AM
twaugh5

"Tom" > wrote in message
> I was rollin' along on the interstate in the hammer lane being followed
> by a newer model Mustang. Actually I was in a bit of a hurry and the
> company at 90+ mph was appreciated. So, I approach an overpass and as I
> get to it I look left and there the cop was.
>

> "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
> -Henry Thoreau

Look for a sharp increase in your insurance.

Old March 8th 05, 03:20 AM
Scubabix

Sorry, I didn't notice the LOL. I had a guy at work the other day in almost
the exact same situation and he was SERIOUS about trying to fight it.

Rob

Old March 8th 05, 06:04 AM
Tom

As RicSeyler stated so eloquently:

> LOLOL
> Just show up with a Bin Laden mask on,
> the court will see that you have a sense of humor,
> all will have a good laugh and they will probably buy you lunch.
> Or throw you under the jail. hehehehehe ;-)
>
> Although, I would peruse what ever it took to get the points cleared.
> Here you can take classes <makes whacking motion with hand> to get rid
> of them,
> but as anything that has to do with the court system, it will cost you

> bunch of money.

That is the plan. I took the class about 15 years ago when I got my last
ticket.

Man...I almost made it a whole year with the Vette before I got a ticket.

--
Tom

Old March 8th 05, 01:08 PM
sbright

Not true. Most insurance companies allow 3 points before messing with you.
They also need a reason to pull up your record. So pay your bill on time and
don't get anymore tickets and after three years the points drop off. (I
think its 3 years.. it may vary by state). I must say 90 miles per hour
range is a bit extreme when you have company driving next to you. In my
experience, the cops are more lenient if you get caught speeding on your own
rather than with company because then they dont think you're racing. (Though
I know if you were racing in a Vette you'd be at 120+). Anyway.. good luck
with your fast driver award. Dont forget to frame it.

-Stan
'99 Blown C5 Vert
'00 Torch Red Coupe

Old March 8th 05, 07:15 PM
dave

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

> > I think I will fight it. LOL
> >

> I wouldn't, not without a lawyer. If you show up and the cop remembers
> giving you a break (he has notes), he will be really PO'ed, let the judge
> know, and you will find that court costs can double or triple what they

are
> on the paper ticket.

yup. this happened to me. 4am. I was caught doing 100+ in a 35 (ya i know
stupid)..cop sees my baby seat next to me. He says "you can buy a lot of
formula with what I am saving you" He hands me a a ticket for $170 and
only 21 over. Well I thought I would be smart. Dressed in suit and tie.
Waited my turn. Judge says "looks like officer made a mistake" whew I
thought, he would drop the ticket further. NOPE. he raised it back up to
nearly $400, took off 6 or 8 pts AND then said.. "to teach you lesson son,
you are paying 1/2 day court costs. everyone this morning is here FREE
because of you" an additional $500.. nearly $900 I should have taken the
170.00

Old March 9th 05, 07:39 PM

Tom wrote:
> I was rollin' along on the interstate in the hammer lane being

followed
> by a newer model Mustang. Actually I was in a bit of a hurry and the
> company at 90+ mph was appreciated. So, I approach an overpass and as

> get to it I look left and there the cop was.
>
> I thought there were laws against the cop hiding???

Maybe in your closet, if he didn't have a warrant to enter your house.
Otherwise, of course not!

Old March 13th 05, 04:23 PM
sbright

Yep. That's one thing a lot of people dont realize when goping to court.
The judge can impose $500 court costs..
Kind of crappy and probably illegal but it would probable cost twice as much
to fight it.

-Stan