speeding in passing lane

Old February 2nd 05, 08:51 AM
Magnulus

Default speeding in passing lane

The other day I was driving to the mall. I went down a road in the
rightmost lane. When I was approaching the intersection, I started
signalling, checked my mirror, and there was a big pickup off to the left.
Well, I thought this guy, being a bit over the speed limit would GET A CLUE
and slow down, but he wouldn't. In fact, he seemed to speed up some. This
lasted a few seconds, and then I gave up. So I ended up having to turn
left into a grocery store and cut across the intersection without being able
to just do a left turn.

Old February 2nd 05, 08:56 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

You gonna live?

Old February 2nd 05, 09:13 AM

So why not slow down, let the truck pass, then make your turn?

Old February 2nd 05, 09:13 AM

Did your mother have any kids that lived?

Old February 2nd 05, 10:20 AM
Nate Nagel

Magnulus wrote:

> The other day I was driving to the mall. I went down a road in the
> rightmost lane. When I was approaching the intersection, I started
> signalling, checked my mirror, and there was a big pickup off to the left.
> Well, I thought this guy, being a bit over the speed limit would GET A CLUE
> and slow down, but he wouldn't. In fact, he seemed to speed up some. This
> lasted a few seconds, and then I gave up. So I ended up having to turn
> left into a grocery store and cut across the intersection without being able
> to just do a left turn.

Why should anyone slow down to accomodate you? In the situation you
describe you should have slowed down (or sped up) so you could get into
the left lane without affecting other traffic. People who think that
their directionals give them some kind of special rights really **** me off.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old February 2nd 05, 12:24 PM
Magnulus

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

> Why should anyone slow down to accomodate you? In the situation you
> describe you should have slowed down (or sped up) so you could get into
> the left lane without affecting other traffic. People who think that
> their directionals give them some kind of special rights really **** me

off.

I couldn't slow down because there was a car behind me. I could have
also passed if the other driver hadn't started speeding up trying to
"defend" his lane. I had no special right, but then again he had no
right to be driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit.

It's just an example of the aggressive, stupid driving that so many folks
on this newsgroup advocate. "I've got mine- screw you".

Old February 2nd 05, 01:21 PM
N8N

Magnulus wrote:
> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> >
> > Why should anyone slow down to accomodate you? In the situation

you
> > describe you should have slowed down (or sped up) so you could get

into
> > the left lane without affecting other traffic. People who think

that
> > their directionals give them some kind of special rights really

**** me
> off.
>
> I couldn't slow down because there was a car behind me. I could

have
> also passed if the other driver hadn't started speeding up trying to
> "defend" his lane. I had no special right, but then again he had

no
> right to be driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit.
>
> It's just an example of the aggressive, stupid driving that so many

folks
> on this newsgroup advocate. "I've got mine- screw you".

Look at it from the other guy's perspective - he's just driving along
minding his own business, almost abreast of some slower car in the
right lane who suddenly puts his left turn signal on. Are you going to
slow down to let the guy in? Why *would* you? Far easier to pass and
let him tuck in behind you. As for "no right to be driving 5-10 MPH
over the speed limit" well... EVERYONE around here consistently drives
faster than that, so I don't really see your point. The speed limit is
quite simply irrelevant when it comes to safe driving, and the sooner
you realize that the better off you'll be. What really matters is the
maximum safe speed *FOR CONDITIONS* which has nothing to do with the
speed limit whatsoever in 99.44% of all cases.

Sounds like you simply didn't plan far enough ahead to be in the lane
you needed to be in, but in your defense, instead of pulling some
boneheaded move in the middle of the street you turned around in a
parking lot and doubled back. So what's the problem here? You made a
mistake, but you did the right thing afterwards, why are you
complaining to us? Sounds like just another day in the life.

nate

Old February 2nd 05, 01:52 PM
Larry Bud

Magnulus wrote:
> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> >
> > Why should anyone slow down to accomodate you? In the situation

you
> > describe you should have slowed down (or sped up) so you could get

into
> > the left lane without affecting other traffic. People who think

that
> > their directionals give them some kind of special rights really

**** me
> off.
>
> I couldn't slow down because there was a car behind me.

What?????

Old February 2nd 05, 03:14 PM
Sam O'Nella

Larry Bud wrote:
> Magnulus wrote:
>> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why should anyone slow down to accomodate you? In the situation you
>>> describe you should have slowed down (or sped up) so you could get
>>> into the left lane without affecting other traffic. People who
>>> think that their directionals give them some kind of special rights
>>> really

> **** me
>> off.
>>
>> I couldn't slow down because there was a car behind me.

> What?????

My thoughts exactly.

Old February 2nd 05, 03:18 PM
Sam O'Nella

> The other day I was driving to the mall.

Sorry, hon, the left lane is for PASSING, just like the big truck driver man
was doing.
Next time, plan ahead, slow down and fall in behind to make your turn. Your
driving instructor should have shown you that recently.