A Fishkeeping forum. FishKeepingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishKeepingBanter.com forum » rec.aquaria.marine » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Please help me identify this hitchhiker



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 14th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
melski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

We purchased live rock at a local store and we have a worm like friend that
came with it. I'm hoping someone can help me identify? It looks like a worm
about an inch long and 5-8mm in diameter.

I first noticed the hitch hiker a day after we put the rock into our tank. It
appears it comes out at night but doesn't receed right away. When it isn't
out it looks just like the rock, almost like a shell.

I have a picture in my photo gallary and will try to attach the picture to
this. I am new to this site and not quite sure how to navigate.

  #2  
Old January 14th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
melski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

Here is the link for the picture.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...299_edited.jpg

Please help. We have several fish in this tank and I don't want to risk
anything.

We have a 90 gallon - One Regal Tank, One Yellow Tang, One Sailfin Tang, One
Maroon Clown and Bubble tip anenome, One Naso Tang, One Damsel, One Banded
Shark Egg, One Emerald Crab and we recently purchased our first peice of
coral. I'd have to ask my husband the details on the filter and such.

melski wrote:
We purchased live rock at a local store and we have a worm like friend that
came with it. I'm hoping someone can help me identify? It looks like a worm
about an inch long and 5-8mm in diameter.

I first noticed the hitch hiker a day after we put the rock into our tank. It
appears it comes out at night but doesn't receed right away. When it isn't
out it looks just like the rock, almost like a shell.

I have a picture in my photo gallary and will try to attach the picture to
this. I am new to this site and not quite sure how to navigate.


  #3  
Old January 14th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
George Patterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 523
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

melski wrote:

Please help. We have several fish in this tank and I don't want to risk
anything.


Repost or crosspost this to rec.aquaria.marine.reefs. Lots more experts over there.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
  #4  
Old January 14th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
melski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

Thanks for the advice. I thought that this is where my post already is. Any
suggestions?


George Patterson wrote:
Please help. We have several fish in this tank and I don't want to risk
anything.


Repost or crosspost this to rec.aquaria.marine.reefs. Lots more experts over there.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.


  #5  
Old January 14th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
George Patterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 523
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

melski wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I thought that this is where my post already is. Any
suggestions?


I'm seeing this in rec.aquaria.marine.misc. I'm *not* seeing it in
rec.aquaria.marine.reefs. I'll cross it over for you.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
  #6  
Old January 14th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.reefs
George Patterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 523
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

melski wrote:
Here is the link for the picture.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...299_edited.jpg

Please help. We have several fish in this tank and I don't want to risk
anything.

We have a 90 gallon - One Regal Tank, One Yellow Tang, One Sailfin Tang, One
Maroon Clown and Bubble tip anenome, One Naso Tang, One Damsel, One Banded
Shark Egg, One Emerald Crab and we recently purchased our first peice of
coral. I'd have to ask my husband the details on the filter and such.

melski wrote:
We purchased live rock at a local store and we have a worm like friend that
came with it. I'm hoping someone can help me identify? It looks like a worm
about an inch long and 5-8mm in diameter.

I first noticed the hitch hiker a day after we put the rock into our tank. It
appears it comes out at night but doesn't receed right away. When it isn't
out it looks just like the rock, almost like a shell.

I have a picture in my photo gallary and will try to attach the picture to
this. I am new to this site and not quite sure how to navigate.




--
George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
  #7  
Old January 15th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
melski via PetKB.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

Since you crossed it over, do I need to looks for responses at a different
location? I'm still unable to find spefically where it is you are referencing.


Thanks again for your help.


George Patterson wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I thought that this is where my post already is. Any
suggestions?


I'm seeing this in rec.aquaria.marine.misc. I'm *not* seeing it in
rec.aquaria.marine.reefs. I'll cross it over for you.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.


--
Message posted via PetKB.com
http://www.petkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-reef/200701/1

  #8  
Old January 15th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
George Patterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 523
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

melski via PetKB.com wrote:
Since you crossed it over, do I need to looks for responses at a different
location? I'm still unable to find spefically where it is you are referencing.


No. Any replies to my post should show up in both groups.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
  #9  
Old January 15th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc
George Patterson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 523
Default Please help me identify this hitchhiker

melski via PetKB.com wrote:
I'm still unable to find spefically where it is you are referencing.


Aha! I see the source of your puzzlement. You appear to be posting your messages
through the Pet KB web site. I guess that they are relaying them to the
rec.aquaria.misc newsgroup on usenet. I'm reading them through a newsreader on
usenet.

I just went onto the Pet KB web site, and I don't see any way for you to control
to which usenet groups your messages will be posted. The peculiar thing to me is
that all the other threads on Pet KB for January 13 are threads which appear
only in the rec.aquaria.reefs group. Only yours is in rec.aquaria.misc.

George Patterson
Forgive your enemies. But always remember who they are.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Identify Pond Plant [email protected] General 22 July 27th 05 04:34 PM
Help with Hitchhiker ID, Please Ann R Reefs 2 March 29th 05 12:48 AM
New plants and new disease to identify Justin Boucher General 6 March 28th 05 08:18 PM
Help identify this plant please nemo Plants 11 February 20th 04 10:55 PM
Help needed to identify fish disease David Pym Goldfish 4 August 17th 03 11:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 FishKeepingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.