95 Lebaron blows wiper fuses

Old March 5th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 95 Lebaron blows wiper fuses

Today I used the wiper blades once to clear the windshield. After
driving five minutes or so, I try to give it another wipe and nothing
happens. Once I get to my destination, I found the fuse was blown. So
I pop another 20A one in, and as soon as I turn the key to the on
position (before starting), it blows again. And again. Then I try a
larger one, 30A. It blows just the same.

Before I go replacing everything, what's good to look at? I figure
it's the wiper parking switch (wherever that is ), since it happens
immediately and the blades aren't parked completely. Should I just get
a new motor/junkyard motor? Is the park switch within the motor
assembly usually?

Old March 5th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"jc" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Today I used the wiper blades once to clear the windshield. After
> driving five minutes or so, I try to give it another wipe and nothing
> happens. Once I get to my destination, I found the fuse was blown. So
> I pop another 20A one in, and as soon as I turn the key to the on
> position (before starting), it blows again. And again. Then I try a
> larger one, 30A. It blows just the same.
>
> Before I go replacing everything, what's good to look at? I figure
> it's the wiper parking switch (wherever that is ), since it happens
> immediately and the blades aren't parked completely. Should I just get
> a new motor/junkyard motor? Is the park switch within the motor
> assembly usually?

Start with the obvious, disconnect the motor and turn the wipers on, if the
fuse doesn't blow reconnect the motor and see if it blows. If it does then
replace the wiper Motor.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 5th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

jc wrote:
> Today I used the wiper blades once to clear the windshield. After
> driving five minutes or so, I try to give it another wipe and nothing
> happens. Once I get to my destination, I found the fuse was blown. So
> I pop another 20A one in, and as soon as I turn the key to the on
> position (before starting), it blows again. And again. Then I try a
> larger one, 30A. It blows just the same.
>
> Before I go replacing everything, what's good to look at? I figure
> it's the wiper parking switch (wherever that is ), since it happens
> immediately and the blades aren't parked completely. Should I just get
> a new motor/junkyard motor? Is the park switch within the motor
> assembly usually?

Hi jc...

Not a mechanic, so can't offer you advice on where a common
wiper fault may lie...

Am however an old retired electrical guy, so I will respectfully
suggest that you not replace a called for 20A amp fuse with
a larger one in the hope that it will hold on a bit longer.

Best case scenario doing that is you convert what may be a minor
repair into a major and much more expensive one.

Take care.

Ken