WHAT?? cruise control not standard !!??

Old May 13th 04, 06:34 PM
SS

Default WHAT?? cruise control not standard !!??

Is that right - cruise control is an option on the Alfa 156?

I'd have expected a car of that class to come with that feature straight out
of the box - yet the AR website shows it as an option..

???
SS

Old May 13th 04, 06:50 PM
SteveH

SS > wrote:

> Is that right - cruise control is an option on the Alfa 156?
>
> I'd have expected a car of that class to come with that feature straight out
> of the box - yet the AR website shows it as an option..

They're a 'sports saloon', not an 'executive barge', hence Alfa deciding
that cruise control was out of character for the car.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 13th 04, 07:12 PM
Frank Claasen

Yes absolutely who needs a cruise control. Get a chauffeur! By the way
automatic gearbox....not available for a 156!

You can allways choose a more boring car....they usually do have cruise
control as a standard ;-)

"SS" > schreef in bericht

Old May 13th 04, 07:22 PM
Dave Sparrow

Indeed. Why on earth would an Alfa driver take a straight road on cruise
control if there's a twisty alternative?

Old May 13th 04, 08:43 PM
Alfistagj

In The Netherlands cruise control is a standard.
Has to do with tax advantages (cruise control is considered a fuel saver)
Standards/options vary from country to country
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"SS" > schreef in bericht

Old May 13th 04, 09:50 PM
shope

"Frank Claasen" > wrote in message
> Yes absolutely who needs a cruise control. Get a chauffeur! By the way
> automatic gearbox....not available for a 156!

Selespeed has an auto mode - but jerky though

--
Regards

Old May 14th 04, 02:39 AM
Pete

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:43:01 +0100, "SS" >, wrote:

>Thats exactly why I want it.
>
>My 147 has it and it's great for speed limits in town and roadworks.
>
>SS

Lincoln AR dealer has a s/h 147 GTA with Pit Limiter fitted <g>

Pete
======remove the rust to reply======

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old May 14th 04, 03:51 AM
Pete

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:48:33 +0100, "SS" >, wrote:

>Was surprised also to see that to get the bose pack now you also have to
>have sat nav and to have that you have to get the CD changer.

Yes that center console is UGLY. CD changer in boot is essential
so you can use MD head in the console <G>
I'd ask for a used older model 156 if it were me <LOL>

Old May 14th 04, 08:39 AM
Steven Spits

"SS" schreef:

> Is that right - cruise control is an option on the Alfa 156?

Guess so, at least in Belgium it is...

An option I took BTW. It turned out a great way to avoid speeding tickets
:-)

With kind regards,

Steven

- - -

Old May 14th 04, 09:45 AM
Jake P

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> SS > wrote:
>
> > Is that right - cruise control is an option on the Alfa 156?
> >
> > I'd have expected a car of that class to come with that feature straight

out
> > of the box - yet the AR website shows it as an option..

> They're a 'sports saloon', not an 'executive barge', hence Alfa deciding
> that cruise control was out of character for the car.

My 147 'Executive Barge' has cruise, and will I be glad of that as I trundle
down to Heathrow at 5.00 tomorrow morning!

Jake