differences between 06 accord and civic?

Old November 6th 05, 06:34 AM
SoCalMike

Default differences between 06 accord and civic?

Dr Nick wrote:
>> youre liable to get more of a deal with the accord, since theyve been
>> around a few years. the civics new for '06, and there likely wont be any
>> dealing on em til next spring, especially if the redesign is popular.
>>
>> i like the redesign... makes it look less like a sentra.

> well thats one of the things I'm NOT so keen about. I think the new civics
> LOOK great, but not sure about buying a car that has jsut been redesigned.

yup- thats another caveat.

> figure they need some time to "work the kinks out". I do like the look
> though, I think the coupe took a lot of styling clues from the eclipse.

i think it looks more like a "baby accord", at least from the front. as
for the eclipse? i see the redesign brings back that nice plump rear
end, like the one generation before last.
Old November 6th 05, 07:51 AM
Sparky Spartacus

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> SoCalMike > wrote in
> rec.autos.makers.honda:
>

>>i think it looks more like a "baby accord", at least from the
>>front. as for the eclipse? i see the redesign brings back that
>>nice plump rear end, like the one generation before last.
>>

> People like nice, plump rear-ends. That's what made me famous.

LOL

You're OK in my book, Brandy!
Old November 6th 05, 01:05 PM
Dick

On 6 Nov 2005 06:53:20 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
> wrote:

>Agreed. The new design is EXTREMELY popular and there was NO dealing
>for it. All I could negotiate was options and financing. They simply
>would not budge on sticker. Trust me, my negotiating skills are top
>notch, so if I couldn't pull it off, I doubt anyone else could. Given
>that, it's still cheaper than an Accord. I'm extraordinarily pleased
>with my purchase. For $17k and change for standard features for the
>LX, it's an amazing bargain.

When I buy a new car, I do it through a buying service like Costco's
or AAA. I also get a quote from the fleet sales manager at one or
more dealers. I buy from the lowest bidder. I have never paid
sticker price no matter how popular the car.
Old November 6th 05, 02:33 PM
Pars

> > thanks for all the great info. I still think I'm leaning twords the

accord
> > but I'm gonna go test drive a civic anyway. thanks!
> >

> youre liable to get more of a deal with the accord, since theyve been
> around a few years. the civics new for '06, and there likely wont be any
> dealing on em til next spring, especially if the redesign is popular.

I was just reading the news paper (Wheels section) and Jim Kenzie is
predicting that the 06 Si will probably win out as 'Sports car of the Year'
(for the Canuks) which also means it'll take the 'Car of the Year' award.
If so, good luck on trying to get MSRP on the 'Si'.

Pars

Old November 7th 05, 12:10 AM
Dr Nick

> One of the reasons I bought the 8 years extended warranty. I like to
> keep my cars, so for the price it was a good buy. I figure if there's
> some major flaw in the redesign, I'm covered by that warranty or the
> lemon law.

how much did you pay for the extended warrany. I assume it's the honda care
one? I've been looking into that, what did you ewnd up paying? I figure if 5
years down the road the nav system goes it just paid for itself.

Old November 7th 05, 07:16 PM
Dr Nick

> I paid $1,975. I just got the book for ti and I'm entitled to rental
> cars for repairs and everything. Seems my AAA membership is almost
> obsolete.

Woah, you paid THAT much? damn, I've seen it for about half that on-line
(curryhondacare.com) is oen that comes to mind, there was a cheaper one
though, still teh same honda care warranty..