differences between 06 accord and civic?

Old November 4th 05, 08:07 PM
Nick Vital

Default differences between 06 accord and civic?

hi, I ordered an accord but I found out that it's taking longer than
expected to get. now I sold my car and am currently borrowing one right now
but I can't do that too much longer. I found a few civics with everythign I
want (manual trans. and nav) but was wondering what differences are between
the civic and accord (only one I noticed so far is the civic is not
available with leather and then ovbiously, size) thanks in advance

Old November 4th 05, 09:25 PM
Howard Lester

I've owned three Civics: '82, '91 LX, and '97 EX... then an '04 Accord EX
Sedan 4-cyl.. The Accord is, to me, a huge step up in terms of ride,
comfort, and noise reduction. The Civic is a little more nimble due to its
smaller size. It took me a while to get used to a larger car. But now, I
wouldn't want to ever go back to a Civic.

Old November 4th 05, 10:33 PM

Nick Vital wrote:
> hi, I ordered an accord but I found out that it's taking longer than
> expected to get. now I sold my car and am currently borrowing one right now
> but I can't do that too much longer. I found a few civics with everythign I
> want (manual trans. and nav) but was wondering what differences are between
> the civic and accord (only one I noticed so far is the civic is not
> available with leather and then ovbiously, size) thanks in advance

The Civic is simply not built to the same high standards as the Accord.
It's not just a matter of size. Funny they've now pushed nav units
all the way down to the Civic.

Old November 4th 05, 11:05 PM
butch burton

A lot will depend upon how you use the vehicle - if it is just trips
around town - the Civic would be fine. But if you are planning on long
road trips - you would be much happier with the accord. I have always
purchased accords cause I drive a lot - but if I only traveled around
town - a civic it would be.

Old November 4th 05, 11:10 PM
SoCalMike

Nick Vital wrote:
> hi, I ordered an accord but I found out that it's taking longer than
> expected to get. now I sold my car and am currently borrowing one right now
> but I can't do that too much longer. I found a few civics with everythign I
> want (manual trans. and nav) but was wondering what differences are between
> the civic and accord (only one I noticed so far is the civic is not
> available with leather and then ovbiously, size) thanks in advance

well, the civic is the "cheaper" car. but since its brand-spanking new,
you should just tell the dealer youll pay whatever they want, because
thats what theyll get until the "newness" subsides.
Old November 5th 05, 11:12 AM
Pars

In the past, the Accord was a more refined ride, while the lightweight Civic
was more nimble and had more of a 'sporty' feel. The Accord's heft
contributed to the more sedate driving feel, better wind/noise insulation
and higher level of luxury option. In the streets, the light weight Civic
was able to return better fuel economy, but the 4 cyl Accord was able match
the Civic's consumption on the highway. Quality and durability of both cars
were at par, but there was a significant jump in price when moving up to the
Accord. In 2000, the price difference was $14,000 for a Civic Hatchback vs.
$22,000 for a Accord DX. Back then, there was never a need to compare the
Civic to the Accord. The Civic was obviously an economy car while the Accord
was the best mid level car money could buy. Now, the lines are starting to
blur. The Civic's quality interior, more refined driving feel, higher level
of options, larger interior space, seems more like an Accord then the
Civic's of old. Granted, the tighter setup on the 06 coupe simulates the
lightweight nimble feel of Civic's of old, but this new Civic feels like a
more substantial car. The interior is more uplevel or better layout then the
Accord. The outside styling is that of a premium sport car. Before the
weight difference used to be about 700lb, now it more like 300lb.... The
lines are starting to get blurred, which might be a good thing, since the
Accord has had such an awesome track record.

Pars

Old November 5th 05, 07:00 PM
Dr Nick

thanks for all the great info. I still think I'm leaning twords the accord
but I'm gonna go test drive a civic anyway. thanks!

Old November 6th 05, 06:25 AM
SoCalMike

Dr Nick wrote:
> thanks for all the great info. I still think I'm leaning twords the accord
> but I'm gonna go test drive a civic anyway. thanks!

youre liable to get more of a deal with the accord, since theyve been
around a few years. the civics new for '06, and there likely wont be any
dealing on em til next spring, especially if the redesign is popular.

i like the redesign... makes it look less like a sentra.
Old November 6th 05, 06:27 AM
Dr Nick

> youre liable to get more of a deal with the accord, since theyve been
> around a few years. the civics new for '06, and there likely wont be any
> dealing on em til next spring, especially if the redesign is popular.
>
> i like the redesign... makes it look less like a sentra.

well thats one of the things I'm NOT so keen about. I think the new civics
LOOK great, but not sure about buying a car that has jsut been redesigned.
figure they need some time to "work the kinks out". I do like the look
though, I think the coupe took a lot of styling clues from the eclipse.