2005 Honda Odyssey

Old October 10th 04, 03:19 PM

Default 2005 Honda Odyssey

I purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX/L. The head unit in the vehicle has the
"xm ready" logo on it, but I can't find any information about an xm direct
connector, nor does honda list anything at their website except for an xm
upgrade/head unit for the non ex vehicles. Can I add the terk tuner and
have it integrate with the factory head unit? Is there an XM direct adapter
available for the terk? Honda america, the dealer don't seem to have a
clue. Any help appreciated.

Old October 11th 04, 02:20 AM
SoCalMike

Robert wrote:
> input for my 40Gb MP3 player. Hope this helps you.

the HP/apple ipod, from costco for $379?
Old October 11th 04, 03:31 AM

Robert > wrote:
> Go to this site for more info. I have a 2005 Odyessey Touring and I
> have a similar problem. I'm not interested in XM but rather an AUX
> input for my 40Gb MP3 player. Hope this helps you.
> http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapte...03-pc-son.html

That device is $99 because it allows control of certain devices, like Sony
CD and in-dash MiniDisc players. If you have an MP3 player that it doesn't
control, you are wasting money.

The folks at P.I.E support are very helpful for the Aux adapters.
They indicated that the 2005 Accord was covered by their adapter in a
thread here a week or two ago.

This device plugs in as a "cassette player". This gives you no control, but
does give audio input. It is cheaper than the PC-SON, at $49.95.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html
http://www.pie.net/

---

Old October 11th 04, 01:31 PM
Robert

No. A Creative Nomad 3.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 01:20:30 GMT, SoCalMike

Old October 11th 04, 01:39 PM
Robert

At http://www.installer.com/aux/ the device lists for $69.95.

If you feel that using the device with a MP3 player is a waste of
money then please tell me how you would get the MP3 player to output
through the van's audio system. I would expect to control the player
at the player - I just want the audio through the van system.

Old October 11th 04, 08:05 PM

Robert > wrote:
> At http://www.installer.com/aux/ the device lists for $69.95.

> If you feel that using the device with a MP3 player is a waste of
> money then please tell me how you would get the MP3 player to output
> through the van's audio system. I would expect to control the player
> at the player - I just want the audio through the van system.

The PC-SON offers control of some devices, but you don't have one of those
devices. All you want is audio conversion. The price you are posting now
is less than the one on the web page that you posted last time by $40, so
that brings it closer, but
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html does audio for $49.95

The site that you listed last week has some errors.
The page for the AUX98 is uses descriptive text that is identical to the
PC-SON, including the picture. It isn't easy to recognize the feature
difference that explains the $50 difference.
http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapte...hon98-aux.html

--
---

Old October 11th 04, 09:49 PM

Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:
> I'm extremely happy with the cassette adapter that I'm using with my XM
> radio.

One problem is that most Hondas don't have cassette players.
Another problem is that the cassette adapter seems to offer pretty poor
sound quality. The cassette adapter also has some moving parts that make
an annoying amount of noise.

--
---

2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2 Seth Brundle Audi 36 February 22nd 05 02:32 PM
2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 07:35 PM
2005 Honda Accord stock radio inquiry dansisler Honda 3 October 1st 04 05:52 AM
99 Honda Odyssey NET Honda 3 September 29th 04 02:15 AM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM