'97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - no power to code reader DLC pin 16 ?

Old July 29th 07, 03:36 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gene[_4_]

Default '97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - no power to code reader DLC pin 16 ?

Vehicle:
1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXI
2.5L,V6, Gas, FI, VIN "H", EEB, JXI

I purchased a new code scanner (OBD II).
I connected the scanner to the DLC connector
under the dash.
There is no power to pin 16.
I tested pin 16 (+), and pin 4 (- and ground) of the DLC
and the is NO power to pin 16.
I do not have a wiring diagram that shows the pin-out
connectors to/from the DLC.

What is the procedure to determine why the DLC pin 16
lacks at least 8VDC?

THANKS,
Gene

Old July 29th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
bllsht

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:36:14 -0500, "Gene" > wrote:

>Vehicle:
>1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXI
>2.5L,V6, Gas, FI, VIN "H", EEB, JXI
>
>I purchased a new code scanner (OBD II).
>I connected the scanner to the DLC connector
>under the dash.
>There is no power to pin 16.
>I tested pin 16 (+), and pin 4 (- and ground) of the DLC
>and the is NO power to pin 16.
>I do not have a wiring diagram that shows the pin-out
>connectors to/from the DLC.
>
>What is the procedure to determine why the DLC pin 16
>lacks at least 8VDC?
>
>THANKS,
>Gene

1. Check fuses
2. Get wiring diagram and get dirty.
Old July 30th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

Default '97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - no power to code reader DLC p

Pin 16 is fused B(+) Located in the junction block. Fuse #5 10 amp (red)
The procedure is to first check all fuses

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 31st 07, 03:52 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

replace all blopwn fuses in the pdc and the fuse box inside the car

Old July 31st 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gene[_4_]

THANKS all !!!

It was a blown Fuse 10A fuse #5.
I guess the Amp under the passengers side went out.

The new OBD II reported all OK.

Thanks for the help.

Gene

"Gene" > wrote in message
news
> Vehicle:
> 1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXI 2.5L,V6, Gas, FI, VIN "H", EEB, JXI
>
> I purchased a new code scanner (OBD II).
> I connected the scanner to the DLC connector
> under the dash.
> There is no power to pin 16.
> I tested pin 16 (+), and pin 4 (- and ground) of the DLC
> and the is NO power to pin 16.
> I do not have a wiring diagram that shows the pin-out
> connectors to/from the DLC.
>
> What is the procedure to determine why the DLC pin 16
> lacks at least 8VDC?
>
> THANKS,
> Gene

Reposted old, lousy scans - better than babble from the resident coward: 1996 Chrysler Sebring LXi Coupe, Cirrus LXi, Sebring JXi Convertible Frt Qtr.jpg 148921 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 8th 06 12:17 PM
Reposted old, lousy scans - better than babble from the resident coward: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible, Cirrus LXi, Sebring LXi Coupe White Frt Qtr.jpg 157441 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 8th 06 12:17 PM
2004 Chrysler Sebring 4 cyl not firing on #1 cyl. fault code P 0301 SSB Technology 0 November 12th 06 11:42 PM
Code Reader Donnie Dodge 7 October 8th 06 09:57 PM
How & Where can I get a code reader? ronnie802 Saturn 1 July 22nd 04 10:25 AM