tires...

Old March 7th 05, 07:33 PM
gregclimbs

Default tires...

is it better to run a slightly smaller more agressive tire, or a larger,
less aggressive tire?

Cureently have 30/9.5 BFG KM's and was thinking about swithcing to
32/11.5 BFG TA's.

thoughts?

Old March 7th 05, 08:12 PM
Axel Hammer

gregclimbs schrieb:

> thoughts?

Application?

A.

Old March 8th 05, 12:24 AM
Snow

> thoughts?

Vehicle?

Snow...

Old March 8th 05, 02:08 AM
gregclimbs

98 cherokee, RE 3.5" lift going on this weekend...

the 30's fit stock...

Old March 8th 05, 02:38 AM

Define "large" = Diamter and/or width ?

Where will you use the vehivle.

There are two philosophies.

a. Wide tire will float (or not)
b. Narroe tire will cut through the loose ground and reach solid ground

If its about diameter then get the size that matches your gears and the
size that will fit WITHOUT rubbing when flexed.

More aggessive but smaller will be better.

Matt

Old March 8th 05, 07:07 AM
Axel Hammer

gregclimbs schrieb:

> 98 cherokee, RE 3.5" lift going on this weekend...
> the 30's fit stock...

Which, again, tells us nothing about WHAT you are about to do with this
vehicle.
Might as well be a Café Racer. In that case, I'd suggest 38" boggers and
lots of chrome ;-)

Axel

Old March 8th 05, 03:07 PM
Mike Romain

Your traction will go to crap with the wider tires.

We went from a P225 width to a P235 width in the same tire and were very
disappointed with the loss of traction.

You are going 2" wider so it will really show the difference.

I recommend tall skinny for the best traction and handling unless it is
a strictly off road machine.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 14th 05, 07:45 PM
gregclimbs

LOL - that is funny...

this is a daily driver in slc, ut. but we go to maod to mtb a fair
amount and like to drive the trails in the heat of the day or at night.
I have plans to make it more and more trail worthy with time (dana300
flipped, dana 44 f/r etc).

I think I am going to the KO's in a 31/10.5, from the KM in a 30/9.5 as
the traction loss shouldn't be too bad, and the reduced road noise
would be good for the kids...

What size tires can/should I get for my 99 Ram 1500 Sport? [email protected] Chrysler 0 February 1st 05 10:11 PM
Bad Tires? tfandango Ford Explorer 8 January 28th 05 06:26 PM
opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 04:49 AM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 04:42 AM
Should all 4 tires be inflated to the same pressure ? Juan General 7 March 15th 04 04:09 PM