? Bicycle Rack for 2003 Vue ?

Old June 19th 04, 06:08 PM
Vue Don

Default ? Bicycle Rack for 2003 Vue ?

I need to purchase a bicycle rack for my 2003 Vue. I would rather
have a rack that hangs off of the rear hatch than the dealer style that
would require me to lift the bikes above the roof of the Vue. Can
anyone recommend a hatch type bike rack for the Vue?
Thanks,
Don
Old June 19th 04, 06:36 PM
Local

I know it is not what you are asking for, but....

If I had a new VUE, I would put a trailer hitch on it and use that type
of bike carrier so it is not resting on the back of my very nice VUE.

Old June 21st 04, 07:30 PM
flatline

A trailer hitch and rack arrangement will work on the Vue. I estimate
the total to be around $350 ( a bit pricey) but it's nice to have a
hitch on the car for, say, occasional U-haul rentals.
On the other hand, bike racks which meet the requirement to hang off
the rear hatch are Thule models 961 and 962. The 961 can carry 2
bikes and the 962 can carry 3.
I paid about $105 for the 962 last year and I'm happy with it.
Thule's documentation does not cover the settings to mount it on the
Vue, but I emailed them and they sent the settings to me.
You should rest the bottom of the rack on the rear bumper instead of
against the hatch.

r.b.

Old June 28th 04, 03:16 AM
marx404

Performance Bicycle sells many types of racks. My fav is the trailer hitch
rack though as it pivots down to allow you to attach/detach the bike and it
prevents the paint from being scratched. Your local bicycle shop should also
carry these. Will require you to install a trailer hitch.

marx404

Old June 28th 04, 03:42 PM
Brigitte J.

I bought mine at "Play it Again". They are a resaler of sports equipment.
You can get good equipment at good prices. I got mine for $15.00.

Brigitte

Old June 29th 04, 02:15 AM
Pinball Hobbyist

I have been looking at Hollywood bicycle racks...
http://www.hollywoodracks.com/trunk.htm
I only need one for very infrequent use, so quick
mounting and demounting is a requirement. I also
do not want to spend hundreds of dollars. At
$64.95 for a two bike rack (I will at most carry
one bike), I am strongly considering the Hollywood
rack.
Don

--
R e m o v e XYZZY f r o m e m a i l a d d r e s s w h e n r e p l y i n g