13 deaths cheaper than 0 deaths

Old May 20th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_2_]

Default 13 deaths cheaper than 0 deaths

Tegger > wrote in
:

> Bob Flumere > wrote in
> :
>
> .
>>
>> Cop??
>>
>> Too dumb to switch off the ignition.. shift to neutral position..
>> driver ed ????

> The cop was pulsing the brake pedal. This caused the brakes to
> overheat and lose their effectiveness. I find it very odd that he
> would do that, considering the amount of driving training cops
> receive. I can only conclude that he wasn't very smart.
>
> The customer the previous day (who had experienced the exact same
> problem) had the presence of mind to simply keep his foot on the brake
> until the car stopped. See my other post for more detials on the
> incident.

pulsing the pedal can not cause the brakes to over heat and is standard
practice if no antilock is present. and quit making excuses for Toyota,
they are just another car company, don`t do anything better or worse than
any other car company. which means they have plenty of problems in their
vehicles too. I don`t know why he didn`t shift into neutral, but none of
the other stuff worked, thanks to the fu*king push button starting. KB